Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunday update

Half asleep today after another 5 am finish last night.I've had fun playing at full ring micro-limits with Juice,Rosie and Mr Edge.The table Rosie and I were at late last night was hysterical.I played 65 to hit my gutshot at one point and checked the river only to find Mr 91% Vip had the same hand.

Won about $50 at that table.I'd tightened up a lot from my previous .10-.20 excursions recently though the tables played like they were play money.6-7 players to every flop and 3-4 callers if you raised 8-10 bb pre-flop.Takes some adjustment to get used to the low standards!

Moved to a crazy 6 max table late on and got stung almost right off the bat.Small stack raises and mr reload calls.I raise all in ($48) with QQ hoping to tempt Mr Reload and not too worried about shorty.Suddenly the big stack who was still to act calls me.Hmmm.Shows KK at showdown and bang my $50 profit is gone!

Dropped another $35 when I slow-played 55 on a 4 Q Q Q 8board.I knew villan didn't have the Q.He had 10 8 and hit his 8 on the river.He'd been leading out big and I'd been calling him down.

I was pleased I was able to fightback and build a decent chip stack at another table after that before crashing out about $21 up for the night.

Weekly totals : Ladbrokes $1503 ,Interpoker $ 1092 ,Party $216 ,Pokerroom $852 ( + $16 for week). Total $3663

Nice to make a profit but looks like I'll be doing my day job for a while yet!

Watched EK Thistle beat Lesmahagow 2-1 yesterday to give ourselves a great chance for promotion.The Glens lost so we have it in our hands.

Rangers 0 Them 0 at half-time in Old Firm game from Lego Land.

Gerrintaethum!!

7 Comments:

At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

"With your accent, I'd be amazed if you survivied for 5 mins in easterhouse
(ask acorn for info!). Then you would be begging me to lend you my basball
bat :-)"

hello Acorn,

What is easterhouse?

Juice

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

The Big Hoose? I'd give you 30 secs and that's with yer bat!

Think Brixton..

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Dear god! worse than brixton? that sounds like hell.

You know i told this girl i was tougher than i looked. and her response was along the lines of

"well that aint hard is it!"

Hmph

women.

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

To be fair to her you don't look as though you could fight your way out of a wet paper bag Juice!

I heard wet paper bags are queuing up for a shot at you...

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

oh thanks mate!

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol .Just kidding J.

Reminds me of a brilliant thread Iggy linked to from his blog.How many 5yr olds would it take to bring you down?

On the 2+2 forum.Funniest thread on any forum I've read for years.

I'm only a little acorn but I reckon I could take about 40 of the little mo fo's if I lost my rag!

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1556673&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

5yr olds thread link from 2+2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document