A decent week at the tables continues.I won $110 on Tues night and $7 last night at $50 nl 6 max at Laddys.My Maw and Paw are off to Florida today so I popped over last night after work for a while.My Mum was panicking because she’s had her 45 days at Party’s beginners tables and they are now closed to her! She managed to turn her $50 into $104 at the $5nl tables and when she gets back from holiday will be logging on at Laddys or Pokerstars to continue her real money adventure.I showed her the link for Erics flop calculator ( told her to make a donation too) on Grinders blog.When she asked what Grinders site was I think I muttered something about an online poker diary and clicked Erics link.My blog aint exactly full of classified information but first and foremost its my personal diary and who’d want their Mum to read that?
I watched Barcelona beat Arsenal 2-1 in the Champions league final when I got home.Not much of a game after the ref sent off Arsenals keeper which was a pity but at least the best team in Europe won.My mate came over after the game for our weekly Halo fest and it was after that I hit the tables for my $7 profit.
As my folks are away I got the call from my Gran this morning to say her tv isn’t working so I’m heading there first after work before picking up Step A ( Mrs A working tonight ) and heading home.
Just back ( typed above earlier) and it was quite sad visting my Gran as there was nothing wrong with the tv.She must have just hit the av button by mistake.Quickly sorted but had to show her several times how to change the channel despite the instructions taped to the back o fit.Getting old is shit.I want to stay 33 ( ok 27 if I had the choice) forever.
Not much else to blog today so big thanks to Tripjax for coming up with his questionnaire.Why answer in his comments when I can waste a whole post answering here!
1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?
Making minimum bets and playing too many hands. ( don’t tell ‘em though)
2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?
Playing that yawnfest in the first place
3. Why do you play poker?
For da money baby!
4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?
Watching rubbish on tv or playing Ps2/Psp.
5. What is your favorite poker book and why?
“Killer Poker” by John Vorhaus.My first poker book and the bet big or go home philosophy has stuck.
Recently “Making of a Poker Player “ by Matt Mattros has impressed me.
6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?
Devilfish because he is fearless.
7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?
The last player to suckout on me at the tables.
8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?
9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?
Biggest pot won is $810.
10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?
11. Who was your first poker blog read?
12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?
Got to be the bluff.Always feels great.
13. Why do you blog?
Makes me even more virile and attractive to women. Errr ok to keep a record of my poker play and life.
14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?
Bloglines but usually end up opening the blog too.
15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?
16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?
No but I love my tin foil kilt.
17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?
18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?
For now until I name my first born “Hammer”.
19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?
Play in Wsop main event and win consistently at $1-$2 nl and above. Just dreams for now.
20. What is your primary online site and why?
Ladbrokes for the juicy games + good banking system
21. What site do you dislike and why?
Pacific. Great players but I find the software unplayable.
Thanks for reading....