Thursday, May 11, 2006

Nota lota poka

The curse of Juice struck again on Tues night when I dropped $40 at his table.To be fair I lost most of it late on when my Queen flush was beaten by a King flush.I'm going make a "nut flush only" post-it note to stick to my forehead for a while.

Last night I played a $5.50 sng at Pokerroom and came 3rd before switching off my pc and joining Mrs A on the couch to watch the final of The Apprentice.I don't watch much tv these days but that was one show I'd rarely miss.Good to see the Ice Queen beat the Badger! ( not just cos she is a babe!)

Hit the sack after that and played no more poker.Not another hand.Nada,nowt,nuffink! I wasn't in the mood to play so I didn't.A revolutionary new tactic for me.I'm usually on auto-pilot and log on to play whether I feel like it or not which can't be as profitable as only playing when I feel I'm at my best.

Three paragraphs in and I've not even mentioned that Scotland horsed Bulgaria 5-1 today with Boyd and Burke ( of Rangers) scoring two each.Best result in years.I used to go and watch Rangers reserve team play every week and wee Burkey was a star then.It's great to see him finally make his Scotland debut.I hope Le Gaffer finds a place for both of them within his revolution.

Bollocks blogger just ate the rest of this posting.Grrrrr.

Ok I'll start again some other time.

For now I'm itching to hit the tables. Stop by new blogger Mias Dad and say hello.It's already a much better read than some downmarket blogs I've read...

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 11 May, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

ah the apprentice is class!

Michelle is hot. Although im not so sure she was the strongest candidate.

 
At Friday, 12 May, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Best o' the bnuch imo!

 
At Friday, 12 May, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Sounds like you're in a little slump...I know the feeling - I'm right there with you!

Appreciate the fact that you can recognize the symptoms of poker apathy and take the steps required to prevent it from affecting your bankroll too severely.

Good luck at the tables this weekend!

And The Apprentice is a great show!

 
At Friday, 12 May, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Klopzi.Probably the first time I've recognised the poker apathy and actually stayed away from the virtual felt.

Good luck to you this weekend too.Slump? What slump!

 
At Saturday, 13 May, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I dont think you can worry too much about high flushes unless you think someone has it. You have to back your hand

 
At Saturday, 13 May, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

cheers for the plug - hope you're not wanting commission :-)

 
At Saturday, 13 May, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Invoice to follow MiasDad!

Your probably right Juice.Just gets frustrating to lose to flush over flush a few times in a row.

 
At Saturday, 13 May, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

its like an over set.

If you start worrying about all possible hands you will never pick up two cards again!

You dont have to worry about extreme possibilities unless you have the evidence to back it up.

Of course if the bettings going mental and you cant see any other hand then its worth considering. But then the pots probably going to be so big you might be too commited to fold anyhow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document