Saturday, April 29, 2006

R.I.P.

Mrs A's Mum passed away early this morning.The family were with her at the bedside and I was here for Mrs A when she got home.Although Mrs A and I have been together 6 1/2 yrs I never really knew her Mum very well due to her alcoholism.I just wish things could have been different.Just back from her Dads place as Mrs A is staying there tonight and I'm home looking after the dog.

I was a bit annoyed at my Mum because when I called her to tell her she said she hoped the funeral wouldn't be on Friday ( my sisters wedding day) but in hindsight my Mum is so caught up in wedding fever I can forgive her.My Mum and Dad have always been great to Mrs A and despite a few initial misgivings about me getting together with a woman 12 yrs older than me with kids,they have been brilliant in welcoming her into our family.( 1st bouquet of flowers for Mrs A was from my folks)

Mrs A is insisting that should the funeral be on Friday I go to my sisters wedding as she'll have enough support from her brothers and family.Hopefully it's a bridge we wont have to cross.

I did play some poker last night but knowing Mrs A was due home meant my heart wasn't really in it.Dropped $50 at Ladbrokes when I made a full house with the hand Juice ( thanks for comment on yesterdays post btw) named after my Mum,K10 and was beaten by a better full house.I'd read an article on cardplayer about being careful in that type of situation ( boat over boat) but couldn't lay it down despite being fairly sure I was beaten.Won back $25 at Interpoker before grabbing a couple of hours sleep until Mrs A called with the news on her Mum and then came home.

My writing skills have never been great and I hope it doesn't come across as insensitive or crass to write about poker when Mrs A and her family are suffering.

Going to grab a bite to eat just now and maybe hit up a cheap sng or two.Back across to Mrs A's Dads tomorrow afternoon with Step A who we broke the news to tonight.That was hard because a death in the family is the one event adults can't cushion or make better.She ( and her brother who stays with his Dad) were a bit tearful but it'll take a while to really hit home.


That's all for now.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 29 April, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

Sorry to hear about the Mum-In-Law. The Trips will keep the Acorns in our thoughts...

 
At Saturday, 29 April, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

sorry mr A,

I hope the acorn family gets through their troubles soon.

 
At Sunday, 30 April, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Sorry to hear about your news Acorn.

Hope you're doing OK.

 
At Sunday, 30 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for all the kind comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document