Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Aces Up and down...

Warmed up for DADI5 by playing with Juice and Mr Edge at laddys until around 1am,winning $20 at the .15-.30 tables.

Having booked a late start for today I had something to eat,made a nice cup of tea,rolled a big yin and settled down for DADI5.

At my first table I had to contend with Drizz and Easycure ( only two I recognised and have read) who soon built large stacks. I made one laydown I wasn't sure of when Drizz raised prelop,I called and then folded when he came over the top of my bet with A9 on a 9 high flop.Suspected he had at least 1010 but I'd been very tight until then so he maybe just sensed that I wouldn't put my tourney on the line with TPTK.

I'd just opened the "tv" table to have a nosey when as if by cyber magic I found myself sitting next to Wil Wheaton and at the same table as Tripjax and Doubleas. Vowed that despite being well outclassed I wouldn't get intimidated and began by calling a smallish raise with Qd10d from the button and making my flush on the turn.I raised and took the blinds with 1010 and limped/folded in another couple of hands.I was almost hoping for another table move to an easier table but looking in the lobby the competition looked fierce everywhere and besides if I was going to win it I'd have to beat 'em all anyway.

Around 3.30am pick up KK and raise to 280 only to have big stack raise me to 500.I managed to shut all fine advice about not messing with large stacks out of my mind which is daft because that one piece of advice alone should have stopped my making the move I did.

I'd watched the big stack win his last hand and considered that he was trying to find out where he was with his raise to 500. With 800 in the pot I decided I would push all in and either take the 800 or be in a great position to double through if he called.He did call instantly with AA and despite nearly sucking out a flush by the river I was out.

I don't think I could have got away from my KK if I'd just called his raise but I suppose the perfect way to play it would have been to reraise back to 1000 then be able to fold if I'd been put all in.

$28 is the most I've ever played to enter a tourney and I'd like to thank Tripjax and Jordan for their hard work in setting it up.It really was poker played with a smile.

I had intended using my Yahoo IM thingy to chat but decided I needed to concentrate as hard as I could ( or anyone can at 3.30am after 10 smokes) on the tough tables I was at.The Edge,Juice and I were chatting earlier on it and while it's great fun I had no time to pay any attention to the table.

I had just rolled a smoke as I crash out of DADI so moved to a Laddys .50-1 6 max table for 15 mins before going to bed.Only a few tables going at that late hour so I joined the crazy one and made a quick $35 when my Aces held up.

Off to watch the Champions league semi final 2nd leg...


At Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

Glad to be of service...good times had by all me thinks.

$28 was a tad much, but for a good cause...

At Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, Blogger Jestocost said...

Glad you made the tournament, Acorn. Sorry we weren't seated together at some point.

At Wednesday, 26 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

A worthy cause indeed Trip!

Thanks Jestocost.Looking forward to Dadi 6 already mate.Maybe catch you there.

At Wednesday, 26 April, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to lay down KK at 3:30 AM!

At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Even though I played several junk hands feel good about your lay down, I did have an overpair on that hand.

Good luck in the future.

At Thursday, 27 April, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the info Drizz.Much appreciated.

Good luck to you too mate.


Post a comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document