Monday, May 08, 2006

Small Potatoes

After a poor week of poker last week I began last night with Laddys daily raked hands freeroll and made the top 50 for another $10.

Bought in for $50 at a 6 max table after that and won $30 before hitting the sack around 12.30am.

I did wonder if I should start to set win/stop limits.Win say $30 or $40 then pack it in for the night.I do tend to let the chair glue get me and my sessions ( especially at weekends) are too long to expect full concentration.Decided against that as some tables are just too juicy to leave.I've probably written this many times but I am going to try and take more breaks during my sessions and cut out playing at all if I'm not in the mood or so tired I can barely focus.

Mind you I think a tooth has cracked or a filling has come out because toothache is agony just now.Dentist at 11.30am tomorrow before Mrs A's Mum's funeral.A sensible person wouldn't attempt to play whilst in agony but no-one could ever accuse me of being sensible! I've registered to play in the Laddys freeroll again tonight and will try and stay away from the cash games afterwards.


Ok Here's a wee snippet from the paper which made me smile before I go...

One potato, two... A female reader tells us that she came across an exercise for the more mature person, to build muscle strength in the arms. She tells us: "It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on. Begin with a kilogramme potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.After a couple of weeks, move up to 2.5kg bags. Then 5kg bags, and eventually try a 10kg bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. "Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the bags."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document