Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hmmmm

Lost $220 at the tables last night.I realise after posting about yesterdays mini-tilt that it'll probably seem to anyone reading this that I continued on tilt last night but I don't feel that was the case at all.I was playing at £.25-£.50 and later £.50-£1 6 max and swings are to be expected.I actually posted the hand-history below to show I was on top of my game as the shit was hitting the fan .My losses came from 5 hands where my bet big or go home philosophy bit my ass as it's prone to do every now and then.

Lost with 99 to 1010 to a loose player on a board of undercards.My flush with KdQd was beaten by Ad4D ( thanks for calling my pre-flop raise!) and I had the another villan suckout twice on the river.No complaints about losing the first two hands.Not bad beats and a better player may have got away from them but the river suckouts later did seem like the icing on the cake as far as my luck was going last night.

My vip stayed around 29% for most of the time ( I usually average 33% at 6 max) so no loosey goosey tilt in evidence.

I have come a long way in 18 months of playing.The buy-ins last night were £50 and £100 ( aprx $100 and $200) and a drop of $220 is not going to throw me off track as that's why I have the roll I do.Sorry if I've used that line before but a bad night doesn't become a desparate race to claw it all back when you've taken the time to build a bankroll.

Unlike this time last year when a $220 hit would have had me doubting my ability to beat the micro-levels I now have 18 months of results that say I can.

The good news is that I only need 12 more raked hands to clear a $90 bonus at Inter so that'll help give my roll there a wee boost.

Here's my laydown.He was obviously pleased with his quad beeeetches but would have probably got more money from me if the last 7 hadn't fallen on the river.


------HAND 4------
Game #2235828004: Hold'em NL (£0.25/£0.50) - 2006/05/02 - 18:11:02 (ET)
Table "Kanu" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: Bedder002 (£73.88 in chips)
Seat 2: MrMojo sits out
Seat 3: Alexius-T (£45.10 in chips)
Seat 4: ASSIM (£20.20 in chips)
Seat 5: Zagga (£43.12 in chips)
Seat 6: grosse (£51.65 in chips)
ASSIM: posts small blind £0.25
Zagga: posts big blind £0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Zagga [Jh 5d]
grosse: calls £0.50
Bedder002: calls £0.50
Alexius-T: folds
ASSIM: calls £0.25
Zagga: checks
----- FLOP ----- [7c Jc 5h]
ASSIM: checks
Zagga: checks
grosse: bets £1.50
Bedder002: folds
ASSIM: folds
Zagga: calls £1.50
----- TURN ----- [7c Jc 5h][8s]
Zagga: checks
grosse: bets £3
Zagga: raises to £6
grosse: calls £3
----- RIVER ----- [7c Jc 5h 8s][7d]
Zagga: bets £7.50
grosse: raises to £25
Zagga: folds
Returned uncalled bets £17.50 to grosse
----- SHOW DOWN -----
grosse: shows [7h 7s] (Four of a kind, Sevens, Jack high)
grosse collects £30.40 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £32 Main pot £30.40 Rake £1.60
Board [7c Jc 5h 8s 7d]
Seat 1: Bedder002 folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Alexius-T (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: ASSIM (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Zagga (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 6: grosse showed [7h 7s] and won (£30.40) with Four of a kind, Sevens, Jack high

Ok just back from my sisters wedding rehersal.Time to climb back on the poker horse...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 04 May, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Nights like this will happen and there's nothing you can do about it.

You dropped a few buy-ins last night, but I'm sure you've had nights where you've been up a few buy-ins.

I'd recommend taking a night or two off to stabilize yourself.

My suggestion: watch poker, watch football, drink, etc.

There's nothing better than coming back from a break and having a great night at the tables!

Actually, I guess it's better to just have night after night of success but that just doesn't seem to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document