Friday, May 12, 2006

Winning night

Back to winning ways last night winning about $90 for a few hours of play despite Juice being at my table!

I was $40 up when I managed to double up by getting all in preflop with AA which held up.Funny how when I lose I can write a whole rambling post about it but when I win a couple of sentences seem to sum it up.There always seems to be so much more to analyse after a bad night.

Spoke to my Mum last night and she has hopefully disembarked from the reload train for good! She’s turned her $50 into $87 playing the Party $5 nl tables and feels she’s getting more used to playing for real money now and wants to move up.I think the next step up at Party is $25 nl and Mum doesn’t have the bankroll ( or game) for that yet so I may suggest a move to another site with $10 buy in nl tables.She even said she was starting to try and work out basic pot odds after months of telling me it was all too complex for an old lady like her!

Popped into Borders at lunchtime to look for books for my holiday in a couple of weeks time. Nearly bought Phil Gordons “ Little Green book” but the £15 price tag for a book I’ll probably read in a day put me off slightly.Flicked through “Harrington on Holdem” too ( £21!) and it seems a solid read.At least I know what the mysterious “M” bloggers are posting about means now.( not Muppet factor!).

Currently considering my bankroll options.My Dad was telling me about their trip to Florida next Thursday ( my folks love St Petes beach area) and how they were getting great value due to the weak dollar.I mentioned my poker roll and he asked if it earned interest. Between the falling value of the Dollar and the lack of interest earned I'm wondering if I should open a separate bank account and keep my roll there in ££. I only have $3.6k online so it's not as if I'm missing out on fortunes but an extra few bob every month for nothing is always welcome.

Heard a funny one today.A guy phoned a Scottish radio chat show to complain about fat woman wearing "mumbles".The presenter was baffled and asked what the heck "mumbles" were.They are another name for "Leggings" the DJ was told. "Why do you call them mumbles?"
"Because you can see the lips moving but can't work out whats being said" was the reply.....

No plans for the weekend other than to chill out with Mrs A,smoke some of the fine Ketama I've just got my hands on and play some poker.

Right the weekend starts now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document