Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Led Astray

I didn't play too much poker yesterday until being led astray by those poker degenerates Juice,Mr Edge and Rosie who kept insisting on "just one more Sng" and kept me up till past 1.30am on a school night.

Crashed out the first Sng and won the 2nd to leave my $50 challenge account at Inter sitting at $71.The three amigos above,Mias Dad and myself are competing in the challenge so far.It may have helped if I'd actually given it some thought first but it's really just an idea to help keep us all focussed on growing our bankrolls.I'm not sure for example whether if/when a player hits $1k that Pokertracker should be used to determine the number of hours played, as obviously the hours spent on the challenge will be crucial.Is it restricted to one site? I think it should be if only because Mias dad has already increased his Ladbrokes account to $250 from $50 and is way too far ahead already :-)) He also thinks he's cursed at Inter which seems like another good reason to insist we all play there ;-) Seriously though I'm open to any thoughts/ideas to make the challenge work better and personally don't mind if it's not Inter.

I've played a few Sng's this week and chatted it up with bloggers at the tables and managed to bring a bit more fun back into my game.I enjoy winning and building my roll, ( who doesn't?) but it's easy to forget that however serious I am about improving my game and win rate ,that it is only a hobby.Part of the reason I started doing Sunday stats updates was to keep me motivated.If I get to Thursday and haven't played much or I'm down I like to pressure myself into pulling it back for the Sunday pot.

After a bad week last week I'm just having fun and not worrying too much about how much I'm up/down for the week.Doesn't mean I don't care but it's nice not to feel the pressure and expectation I usually pile on myself to drive me on.It may not feel that way on Sunday though!

Getting closer to buying my new tv.Back to the Samsung LE32R41BD I think.It's only a 32" LCD screen and I considered a larger Plasma but while I could afford a 37" or 42" the ones in my price range have low resolution,crap reviews and aren't HD ready.While I'm the boss in this house ( and can say stuff like that cos Mrs A's doesnae read this!) I think I'll wait till Mrs A gets back and take her to a shop to let her see it before deciding for sure.Definitely ordering my new 17" tft monitor tomorrow.Yes my Ladbrokes debit card cashout has landed! Just waiting on teh cheque from the good people at Inter now....

After Brazil's slow start to their campaign last night I'm hoping the Germany v Poland game is better this evening at 8pm.Mark is coming over for our weekly ps2 games fest later on but hopefully I'll get the chance to squeeze in a little poker later.

Mrs A is home tomorrow so I'm off to make sure dirty dishes and washing are piled up ready for her return.. ( he jokes!)

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

OK, I'm back. The mrs has told me I have massively over-reacted as usual.
I have re-loaded 50$ (oh, the shame) and am hitting the tables as we speak.

One last try :-)

 
At Thursday, 15 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

The Mrs sounds very sensible!

Hope to see you at the tables...

 
At Thursday, 15 June, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Well done on making enough at Poker to buy the TV! I think my neighbours have the model you're thinking about getting and they seem very pleased with it.

 
At Thursday, 16 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document