Thursday, October 12, 2006

Give me a "p" please Bob...

Kicked ass playing Halo 2 last night before hitting the tables for a little poker late on.I began at Party 6 max $50nl with 10d 7d in the bb, and after checking to see a free flop, I was delighted to see it light up with 3 shiny Diamonds.( Ace High).I bet the pot not expecting much action and was reraised.This was my first hand and I had no reads at all but when I was reraised my first instinct was to fear the worst,we’d both flopped a flush and his was higher, but I also decided the villain could have been drawing to the nut flush or trying to protect 2 pairs.I ran over the logic of those thoughts as often as I could in the 30 seconds allocated just to be sure they weren’t the thoughts of a mad tilter and decided that as it was aprox 120-1 to flop the flush ,that if the villain had flopped a better flush than me then I would just have deal with it.I reraised him back from $7 to $14 and he went all in for the rest of his stack.Hmmmm.I called and won the pot with Poker Indicator showing me he had A6 with no diamonds.It was like running into the tilty me of the other night!


That wee pot had me up $45 after hand number one and feeling good.A few hand later I pick up KK from early position and make a 6 bb raise, getting 1 caller.The flop was a nasty 8 9 10 rainbow and I bet just over the pot to try and take it down and got flat called.The turn was a Queen and I led out for half the pot this time.The river brought another Q and by now I was wondering what hands I could actually beat as so much seemed to beat my hand.Sure I could beat a hand like A10 but any J,Q,straight or even 89,910 two pairs had me beaten so I checked the river and folded to the villains $16 bet.


I left Party $20 up and decided on a quick heads up $5 sng at Pokerroom.I’ve only played a few headsup sngs but after playing and winning quite a bit when heads up in sng’s I thought I’d give it a go.I started off aggressive as usual and raised most pots before bluffing at a large pot and showing the villain my rags.I always have it set to give me the choice to show my hand if the villain folds but it’s something I rarely do when not headsup.This time though the villain didn’t react in the chatbox but went all in a couple of times preflop and showed rags himself which had me laughing as it just made it obvious that I’d got under his skin and it also meant if I did catch a decent hand peflop I could bust him if he was making one of his “moves”.Eventually,down to his last 600 he min raised and I called with 9c10c,made the nut straight by the river and induced the villains bluff which I gladly called.

Ok,just back from my Mum and Dads after a fine dinner with Step A and Nacho in tow.Nacho was as good as gold in their flat...but on the way out he lifted his leg over the plants in the foyer giving them a generous sprinkle.That's my boy...

2 Comments:

At Friday, 13 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice nights results..
You have to love it when you hit a big payout first hand, it sets up your table image nicely for the rest of the session.
Gotta admit, thought everyone had bailed out from Party by now..

 
At Friday, 13 October, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I just wish it happened liek that everytime Cad.Seems to still be US players at Party for just now too.I'm not sure exactly when the plug gets pulled on 'em.Not too soon hopefully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document