Saturday, September 30, 2006

View from the afternoon

I really enjoyed Juice's latest post re steals and making plays from position.I agree entirely with his thoughts on how those kind of plays often don't work at the micro limits.Paying attention to the players involved is the key because with so many poor players, playing trash from late position to steal is simply a waste of time as they'll call a hand down with anything.That's why keeping it simple and sticking to abc poker works well at those micro limits.

I was annoyed at myself for losing $100 earlier in the week with top pair top kicker and thought back to my post where I went against the grain and advocated playing tptk hard at micro limits.Late on last night I played for 20 mins at a micro limits laddys table where bpck ( bottom pair crap kicker) was a premium hand.Players were all in preflop with j8 soooted,QJ,k10 etc.I hate corporate bullshit but the old assume makes an ass out of u and me ( ass-u-me) plays a big part in poker and I think the lesson is to know your table before going broke with tptk or meekly surrendering it.Won a whopping $6 at that table btw...

Mrs A was out with her friend last night and I nearly cancelled my home game due to lack of numbers but in the endI'm glad I didn't as my Mum,me and two cousins had a great wee night playing a cash game in my kitchen.Originally we'd planned onit being a £10 sng but decided to change the £10 into chips and obviously anyone that busted could rebuy in.It was my Mums first ever live game and I think she enjoyed the experience.I'd said to my cousin ( the one I've been to the poker club with) that we should be checking each other for tells and it didn't take long to notice that everytime he had a big hand the pulse in his neck would throb like a big throbbing thing.He then tried to cover it up everytime he got a big hand which made it even more obvious.Looks like he'll be wanting a scarf for Xmas!

I won £5 overall and after they left I joined Miami Mark and the S-man for a few sng's at Pokerroom,needing a 3rd in a 20 man turbo to come out slightly up for the night.

It's nearly 3pm so it's time for a quick shower then Mrs A and I are taking Nacho to the local country park for a walk.

Will there be pokery fun later? Who knows but it's not todays number 1 priority.Tomorrow I'm back at Ibrox for Rangers game v the sheep ( Aberdeen).It's looking like I'm going to be just short of last years total profit figure. ( anniversary on Oct 31st and away on hols from 19th).I do want to make sure I've made at least $4k though and if I achieve that then I'll be happy especially as the last couple of months have been quite tough at the tables.


Like Juice before I go I'd like to say a big well done to Victoria Coren,who won a cool half million at the European Poker Championships.I've read her excellent articles and watched her play on tv before and that girl knows her poker.Not just a pretty face that's for sure!

Ok,enjoy the rest of the weekend...

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 01 October, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Thanks mate. by the way i do like the title of your posts. Down with the kids eh? Victoria Coren is definately a bit of a star.

 
At Sunday, 01 October, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Juice.Down with the kids? Is "Little fluffy clouds" not a bit before your time,youngster?!

I do like those Artic monkeys though....

 
At Sunday, 01 October, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I have no idea what little fluffy clouds are! none!

and to compound the issue.

Im far to lazy to google it

:-)

blissful ignorance.

 
At Sunday, 01 October, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

hehe.check under "The Orb" at allofmp3 sometime.Classic chill out track...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document