Friday, September 29, 2006

Onwards n Upwards...

First off a big thanks to everyone who took time out their busy lives to comment or email me after my last post.May the poker gods reward you all.


The weeks been a bit of a blur but Mrs A and I finally got around to talking last night.However unsure I’ve been feeling about things since Sunday I’d decided that I wouldn’t want to give up on a near 7 year relationship without trying harder to make it work first.I wont bore everyone with the details but I will be playing a little less poker and chatting a little less whilst Mrs A will be going back to the Docs for a change of prescription and will be seeking bereavement counselling to try and help her cope better with her Mums death.( I’ll also be buying evening primrose and b6 for her as per yorkie puds suggestion).


We spend almost all of our spare cash on holidays abroad and may change that next year for less holidays and more nights out.We went to the theatre quite a bit when we first went out and last summer toured Scotlands castles and we’re going to make more of an effort to do little things like that more often.Having said that sunny Sharm is less than 3 weeks away and a fortnight of sunshine and relexation may just be what we both need right now.


Personally I’m feeling a lot better than I was last Sunday and I intend to stay in better mental shape by getting to bed earlier during the week and by starting to get more exercise.Until early this year I was running up and down the stairs at work and intend get back to that even if my legs feel a little heavier afterwards these days.


On the poker front I played a little on Wednesday night and lost $30 at Party through bad luck more than bad play.My QQ was looking good until the board read 2 3 4 5 and I had to fold to a bet on the turn.There were two possible flush draws out there so when my bet was reraised I had to believe the villain had the Ace and folded to fight another day.


Last night I worked late and went to Ibrox to cheer the Gers on to a 2-0 win v Molde in the Uefa cup.We played some decent stuff with Buffell and Fergie getting the goals.The draw for the group stage is on Tuesday.Got home,played no poker ,chatted to Mrs A and went to bed.


Tonights home game looks like being a shorthanded affair but even if there’s only 4-6 of us it should be a laugh if nothing else and I’m looking forward to check raising my Mum out of pots with huge bluffs!


It’s raining but if it dries up Mrs A and I are going to head out tomorrow ( the showpark to watch EK Thistle would be great but somehow I don’t think she’d go for it) and on Sunday I’m back at Ibrox for Rangers home game against Aberdeen .


Have a good one….

6 Comments:

At Friday, 29 September, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Nice to see you back Mr A, take it out on them fish :-)

 
At Friday, 29 September, 2006, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Good to hear the balance is restored, I'm wishing good things for all your family

 
At Friday, 29 September, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

I'll echo everyone's responses so far: good to see balance being restored.

Less poker is not that bad a thing. When you're winning, you get to walk away with a winning session. And when you lose, you limit the losses.

Poker will always be there, so enjoy the time you spend away from the tables with Mrs. A.

Have a great weekend!

 
At Saturday, 30 September, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

So pleased to see things are going in a positive direction, Acorn. I wish you and the A women all the best

 
At Saturday, 30 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks folks.Your comments n emails were the only real bright spots in a crap week.

 
At Saturday, 30 September, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Yes welcome back mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document