Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ryde on

Apart from the Gers losing 2-0 to Satans 11 on Sat it was quite a good weekend.I managed to combine chatting with Miami Mark and the S-man with a few ITM finishes at Pokeroom on Friday night,mainly just $5 and $5 turbo sng's.

Big congrats to Tan Orpheus ( ROW team member!) for taking down $5.7k for winning a $20k rebuy tourney.Very well played Sir!

After the football on Sat I caught up on a couple of hours sleep and hit the tables for a short game before switching off and watching "The Pink Panther" with Mrs A.( I managed to talk her out of Big Mammas House 2 ).


Logged back on and played some more 6 max into the wee sma' hours,having a little success and actually having a few hands hold up for a change.I also played at Inter poker for a short while but my curse there continues and I left $20 down.

Played a live £5 rebuy with my cousin at the Wabash club in Glasgow today and came 12th from 36.I'm still learning how to play rebuys and once again found myself folding a few hands which would have won big pots.I had A3 and folded on a K Q 3 flop and would have beaten the other guys 53 ( 3 on turn!).Twice I would have flopped a club flush but my 108 and k8 were in the muck before the flop.I had just under the average stack when the rebuy period ( 1 hr 45) finished and 1/2 hr of poor cards and a huge stack on my left ate into my chips before I got a move to the final table.( ok so it wasn't THE final table but it was the final one for me!).

We were 8 handed and the blinds were biting so I had to try and make a move at some point.Raised with 55 from LP and had to lay it down when bet into on scary flop before getting away with a couple of all ins which took the blinds and kept me in.With an M of less than 4 I pushed from the cut off when all folded to me with A2,got a call from A9 and no help on the board saw me wishing my cousin the best of luck and heading home.One rebuy and one add one plus my entry fee was well worth a really enjoyable afternoons play.

I did get Aces once and flat called a raise from a loose player,checked to him on a lowish rainbow flop and got a call when I reraised him all in.( he had an unimproved AQ) but that was it as far as picking up on anything and trying to use it to my advantage.

I also enjoyed watching Europe make it 3 in a row when they horsed the USA at the golf today.Here's hoping for the same result when the US bloggers play the ROW at poker..

To the stats....Inter $208, Ladbrokes $1643, Party $205 and Pokerroom $1097.Total $3153 ( + $168 for week).

I now require $274 by Oct 19th to match last years profits.

Klopzi's comment about setting new goals has got me thinking again about where I'm going with my poker game.I'm tempted to use my dwindling Inter roll for sng's only and maybe try a run of £5 or even £10 ones.I'm not sure what else my 3rd year of real money poker will bring.Needs some more thought.

Thanks for reading as always.Back during the week...

5 Comments:

At Sunday, 24 September, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Lets hope our ROW win is as emphatic as the ryder cup win today!

:-)

 
At Monday, 25 September, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

You could try just withdrawing your Inter BR. I'm cursed at that site but have done OK since moving back to Laddies.

The verification text for this comment is "bumflop". Nice.

 
At Tuesday, 26 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn

What's happening at Ibrox? Friends tell me it's the worse Rangers side in a decade.

It saddens me :(

 
At Tuesday, 26 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lets hope so J!

I may do Mr E but the sng's at Inter are so soft it's hard to resist!

Derby,
Last season was the poorest Gers team I've seen since the early 80's.
I've seen improvement this season and Le Gaffer has a very young team now ( ave age 23) but I do worry that the current squad aint good enough to catch the great unwashed.
Apparently Le Guen started badly at Lyon before going on to great things with them so I'm willing to give him time to get it right.Gotta keep believing!

 
At Wednesday, 27 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn

Let's hope he comes good so we can catch the great 'unwashed'. Come on you mighty blues :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document