Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Stats

Not my finest week at the tables but I suppose only losing $55 after enduring a fairly horrendous run of beats and 2nd best hands is not the end of the world.Last nights kick in the baws was running my QJ into JJ on a J Q 4 flop which cost a buy-in.I'd only been at the table about 10 mins and despite having no real read on the villian there was just no way I could put him on JJ.( 6 max in case anyones wondering why I was playing QJ!)

I nearly spewed after entering a Laddys HU 16 player $5 sng.I won my first match in only a few hands and sat back and waited on my 2nd victim.He duly arrived and I'd built a solid 1400-600 lead when my connection failed.I was only gone 5 mins but by the time I got back I had 75 chips left and lost my all in with QJ to 84 off.( and yeah the fact it was QJ did register).In fact sometimes it seems as though the poker gods are making it personal and then I have to take a step back and realise just how silly a thought that is.Apologies if my posts have seemed too whiney over the last week or so and reflect that pathetic "poor me,it's not my fault,it's the cards" kind of attitude.It's a blame culture we live in these days and it's all to easy to apply that to poker and point the blame at any other reason other than simply a bad run combined with some poor plays.

For a change whilst my laddys hands weren't pleasant I won a bit at Inter playing $200 nl 6 max ( to try and clear bonus).One of those nights where 2 pairs were well beaten at one site and top pair,top kicker were good on on another.


The good news is that the charity challenge money is back on track after dipping as low as $50 during the week.I won a £5 sng at Sun which leaves the total sitting at $96.I may play a couple more sng's but as this week will be the final week,I don't want to take too many chances with it.In an ideal world I'd have hit a rush and run it into hundreds but as Mr JR Cash would say "This ain't the movies so forget about that".I did call my sister and asked her how the training was going for the 17 miles walk next Saturday."I'm just going to blag it.Red Bull and Lucozade will get me through".We shall see!

Inter $534 Ladbrokes $1425 Pokerroom $1057 ( actual PR total $1127 incl $70 I need to withdraw to cover charity dep at Sun). Total $3019 ( -$55 for week)

I now require $408 by Oct 19th ( away from 19th to Nov 2nd) to match my first years profits.

Good result for Rangers yesterday when we beat Falkirk 4-0.Boyd,Buffel,Bardsley and Prso were the scorers.We play Molde in the Uefa cup on Thursday night whilst the IRA's athletic wing ( celt*c) go to Manchester on Wed night to play Miasdads team,Man Utd.( go on you reds!).

Mrs A is working tonight so I'm going to download some tunes and maybe play some poker later....

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 10 September, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Head up mate. You have to trust your instincts and it will all come good.

Even the pros misread players sometimes.

All you can do is roll with the punches! :-)

P.s it could be you are saving your form for the U
S
of
A

:-)

 
At Sunday, 10 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Juice,I hope your right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document