Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Burn baby burn

I've finally joined the digital age and have "ripped" my first albums off the net and "burned" them onto cd.Thanks to Juice and S-man for the pointers.The site I'm using is so cheap I can hardly believe it.Burned the "Artic Monkeys" album and having only listened to the first 6 tracks on the way to work this morning ,I have to say I'm quite impressed.They do sound like a cross between Oasis and Pulp but that's no bad thing imo.Picked 10 classic Stones tracks too and I'm currently burning some "Pink" for Step A.

Sadly I'm still getting burned on the Crypto network.The S-man was over and we played a couple of £3 Sng's with the charity fund,going out of the first when AQ was beaten all in by A8 ( 8 on flop) and the second when I knew the villian had missed the flop and was all in with 44 v K9 only for a 9 on the turn to do the damage.

Meantime the PC Whisperer ( S-man) managed to get my pc working again by using some deep dark IT trick ( he switched it on) and has somehow got my pokertracker database moved on to my laptop...which is nice.

Spent too long gazing in amazement at the whole burning cd thing to play much more poker but did win $15 at a 6 max Laddys table before bed mainly after my bluff detector sniffed out a dodgy betting pattern and I called and won with 2nd top pair.

Thanks to The US President and Mattastic for showing some early enthusiasm for a USA V ROW matchup.I was really just thinking out loud but it's something I would love to happen and this time round I reckon we'd get more than just me and Colin .More on this soon...

Ok time to burn some more then hit the tables...

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 05 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the digital age mate!

always happy to help...

was a bit grim last night, but hey ho..

here's to better hands...

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. There aren't many people that pay for music these days, but it's nice to see that some are.

Which site are you using?

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Here's to better hands indeed s-man!

If it wasn't illegal I'd be using allofmp3 for my downloads Barney...

Lyrics and tunes are pretty good matt.Dunno about oop norf.It's all down souf to me mate!

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Next post:

Acorn learns how to use the kettle.

FACT

:-)

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Acorny. What's up with USA v ROW? I'm down. Is it going to be like back in the day, or are we changing it up? It might be fun to do a HU challenge that way, where each side gets 8 players (for example), and we play brackets. If team USA wins, each USA member can get a token prize (5, 10, even 20$) from the losing team. So, lets say USA wins and you are on ROW. You send me $10. Then some other ROW player sends GCox his $10, and so forth. What do you think? Shoot me an email at highonpokr AT yahoo DOT community chest. If this works or some variation, I can begin to spread the word and make it happen. Thanks.

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Sent you an email Jordan.cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document