Monday, September 04, 2006

Mon update

Last nights poker wasn’t too pleasant.I started with the charity fund and lost my first sng at Sun to a suckout and that seemed to set the tone for the evening.In my second sng I was chip leader on the bubble but went out after losing four in a row hands in a row when I had my chips in as favourite.I was almost in that cynical "I just know he’s going to hit on the river,ahh he did ,theres a shock" kind of mood but I tried to brush it off and hit the cash tables ( my money now).


I played $50nl and had Kings busted twice.The first one was a sickener but the second one I’m not so sure about.It was a very loose £25 6 max table with a £11 ave pot.I’d only been at the table for an orbit when it’s raised to £.75 before me.I’m out of position v the raiser and I pop it to £3 as I want to be heads up or at least cut callers to two.I get my wish and I’m first to act on an As Js 6d flop.I bet 2/3 of the pot and get a call so having represented the Ace and been played back at I slow down and check as a third spade falls on the turn.I folded to the villains £5 bet but with Inter tables being so fishy and unpredictable he could have had anything from 2 connected spades to AK-A2 aswell as possibly any pocket pair.

That hand cost me $15 on top of the $25 I’d already lost so I closed down Inter and moved to Laddys 6 max $50 nl and won a quick $10 before bedtime.



I’m going to amend yesterdays weekly stats to include that $30 loss and give me a fesh start from today but I’m considering posting my stats on a fortnightly basis from now on instead of weekly as I feel I’m putting too much pressure on myself to keep turning a profit and I’m chasing a little if it doesn’t look likely by Thursday or Friday.


I hate writing that I’m not running well as it seems to set it in stone and I don’t want to play with that kind of downer mentality but I think I have to accept that it’s true especially at Interpoker at the moment.

It will turn of that I'm sure and besides I still managed to post a winning month despite the variance downturn in the last couple of weeks.S-man is visiting tonight,Mark on Wednesday night and I'll over to see my folks too.

I've also added a few new links recently and replaced a few blogs which have not been updated for months or have sadly ( Lady Falcon comes to mind) been terminated by their owners.Check out my sidebar for some good reads.If I have replaced your blog and you make a comeback just let me know and I'll add you again.In fact if any genuine bloggers at all wish to swap links ,just ask.

Things are a bit busy just now but now there seem to be more than a few UK/Canadian bloggers out there I'd be quite keen to have another go at a USA V ROW bloggers sng.
Due to the time difference I can't remember the last time I was at a table with Gcox,Jordan,Trip,Veneno etc and it would be great to get it together again sometime.Hopefully this time the ROW could actually muster at least 5-10 players for it.Something to ponder on for now anyways.

Ok I'm off to edit yesterdays stats post and add a link or two...

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 05 September, 2006, Blogger Jimmy said...

Let me know and hopefully I can make it as a USA member.

 
At Tuesday, 05 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I'll give pokerhand a try Matt.Cheers.

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer I'd be up for that as long as its not held on fookin St@rs!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document