Sunday, August 20, 2006

Kings,Queens and Sunday Stats

Rangers beat Hearts 2-0 yesterday ( Boyd scored both) and the unwashed ones could only draw 1-1 today, so Rangers are back where we belong at the top of the league.

To the weekly poker stats first : Inter $658 ,Ladbrokes $ 1479 ,Pokerroom $ 1028.Total $ 3165
( + $34 for week)

Happy to post a profit but after a long session last night I'm a bit annoyed I didn't make more.I was playing £50 and £100 nl 6 max for most of the night and managed to recover from a nasty hand when my Aces fell, after I got most of the money in on a K high ragged rainbow flop, only for mr K8 to hit his 8 on the turn.I led out on the turn aswell and when the villian raised my bet in an instant a better player than me would probably have folded.He was all in by that point and I wasn't surprised when the chips slid his way.

I'm posting a couple of KQ hands as I feel I may have found another leak in my game.This time it's making the right read but not having the bottle to make the raise on the end rather than just calling.Here are a couple of examples: (Both tables had the highest average pot of any at those levels at the time and were fast and loose. )


** Game ID 562691308 starting - 2006-08-20 01:46:56** Sheet Harbour [Hold 'em] (0.25-0.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

abadabatiss posted the small blind - $0.25 Acornman posted the big blind - $0.50

** Dealing card to Acornman: King of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds

loverudh called - $0.50, sliderule folded, abadabatiss called - $0.50,Acornman bet - $2.50, loverudh called - $2.50, abadabatiss called - $2.50

>>> 5*bb raise as it's four handed and KQ is a damn fine hand with only four at the table


** Dealing the flop: 4 of Diamonds, Queen of Spades, 8 of Clubs

abadabatiss checked,Acornman bet - $5.00, loverudh called - $5.00, abadabatiss folded

>> made a continuation bet but it wasn't strong enough to suggest I had actually hit flop and I was hoping the villian had hit a smaller part of it and would stay in hand.

** Dealing the turn: 5 of Hearts

Acornman checked. >>> I didn't think the 5h was a scary card for me and checked to give the impression I had just taken a stab at the flop with nothing and was now backing off.

loverudh bet - $2.00, Acornman called - $2.00 >> I reckon I'm still ahead and on a rainbow board I plan to bet river.

** Dealing the river: 10 of Spades

Acornman bet - $6 >> Slightly worried about straight but I'm not checking it down and want paid so I make a value bet.

00loverudh raised - $12.00, >> This is where I feel I should have trusted my instinct that I was ahead and reraised the hell outta him.

Acornman called - $12.00,

loverudh shows: 3 of Clubs, Queen of Clubs

Acornman shows: King of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds

Acornman wins $43.50 from the main pot





** Game ID 562735535 starting - 2006-08-20 05:00:47** Clinton [Hold 'em] (0.50-1.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money


Acornman posted the small blind - $0.50,DSRasmussen posted the big blind - $1.00, barcrest posted to play - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs

>>> five handed and out of position I decide to limp here.


jannik32 called - $1.00 ,barcrest checked, limpnfold24 called - $1.00, Acornman called - $1.00, DSRasmussen checked

** Dealing the flop: 2 of Hearts, 3 of Diamonds, 10 of Hearts

>>> ok missed the flop and only have two overcards and runner runner possibilities.Time to fold to any decent size bet

Acornman checked, DSRasmussen checked, jannik32 checked, barcrest bet - $1.00, limpnfold24 called - $1.00, Acornman called - $1.00, DSRasmussen folded, jannik32 folded

>>> I ain't folding for $1 especially as barcrest could be drawing to the flush with that small bet.


** Dealing the turn: Jack of Diamonds

Ok,I've picked up a well disguised open ended straight draw and if it hadn't been such a loose table I may have bet out to try and win it there and then.


Acornman checked, barcrest bet - $3.00,limpnfold24 called - $3.00, Acornman called - $3.00

** Dealing the river: 9 of Hearts

>>> Bingo,I've hit my straight but it's another heart and my first instinct is that 00limpnfold has hit it as he has been calling ( more likely to be drawing) along with me.


Acornman checked >>> I felt if I bet and 00limp made a huge reraise then I would have to fold.


barcrest bet - $20, 00limpnfold24 folded, >>> Ok,it was 00limp I was worried about and that smells like a desparate bet from barcrest so....

Acornman called - $20,

00barcrest shows: 7 of Spades, Ace of Diamonds

Acornman shows: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs

Acornman wins $55.00 from the main pot >>


Two decent reads and both times I never followed through on them.I can see the sense in the arguement that there's no point in betting the river if your only going to get raised by a better hand but where I'm fairly certain I'm ahead ( especially if I've tried to play it deceptively) then I need to push on and make that reraise.

Hope all that makes sense ( it was 7am by the time I went to bed last night so I'm just a little tired today).Looking forward to the s-man visiting tomorrow night ,Rangers are playing a friendly on Wed night and the car goes in for it's MOT on Tues.

Big day to for Step A tomorrow as it's her first day at high school.I think Mrs A and I are more nervous than she is!

Ok back next week with more...

2 Comments:

At Monday, 21 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevermind the poker.

Come on you mighty blues. :)

 
At Monday, 21 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Follow Follow! Top of the league!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document