Friday, August 18, 2006

Turbos n Ghey quizzes

Todays big shout out and thanks go to Rosie for her donation to my sisters fundraising effort for the Maggies Centre cancer charity. Just had an email from my sis to let me know she's delighted that a couple ( Mr Edge too) of my poker playing friends have contributed to http://www.justgiving.com/nicolashike. You guys are the dogs dangly bits!

I’d just posted here last night and was about to begin playing when I noticed an email from my
Miami Mark with a few ghey questions ( see below) attached.Answered ‘em, forwarded it to a few saddo’s I thought may reply, ( just kidding troops) and then waited for Mark to get on the Yahoo thingy.He had a webcam and full sound which was cool as Mrs A was out working.We had a laugh as I accepted his “voice invitation” and then spent 5 minutes scrabbling around in my dark cupboard hunting for my daft wee headset and muttering to myself before I realised that my new laptop has a built in mic and he could hear me already.Doh!

MM has an account at Pokerroom so I opened it up and hit up MM’s game of choice,$10 turbo Sng’s.I won one ,bubbled in another and crashed and burned in the other two.Great to catch up with MM and good to hear that both him and his Mrs are doing well.Hopfully more games and nonsense to follow.

Cancelled Sat night over at friends who stay ¾ hr away as my car has failed its MOT and that invalidates my insurance and it would be just my luck to have an accident or get done for speeding on the way over.Quiet weekend of pokery goodness and time spent with Mrs A ahead.Big week next week for Step A as she starts high school.She's had a haircut and her ears pierced and a new ( no cartoon characters on it!) schoolbag too.

Before I go Congrats to Scottish tennis player Andy Murray for beating Fedderer this week.He's only 19 but with Brad Gilbert now coaching him hopefully he can go right to the top and at least win a Grand Slam or two.

Righty to the ghey quiz.Feel free to ignore,delete my answers and leave yours in my comments or blog 'em....

> > > Things you may not have known about me....

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1.Xmas tree salesman
2.Adult video retailer ( at school)
3.Cold calling phone monkey
4. part-time micro limit poker pro!

B) Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. The Wall
2. The Princess Bride
3. Goodfellas
4. Scrooged

C) Four places you have lived:
1. Clarkston
2. Ar'den by the Cullins
3. Kingspark
4. East Kilbride

D) Four TV shows you love to watch:
1.Still Game
2.Question Time
3.Poker night live
4.Willo the Wisp

E ) Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Egypt
2. Mexico
3. Gran Canaria
4. Amsterdam

F) Websites you visit daily:
1. Glasgow Rangers #
2.Follow Follow
3. Bloglines
4. The Times

G) Four of my favourite foods:
1. Indian
2. Shreddies
3. Steak n chips
4. Chocolate Angel Delight

H) Four places I would rather be right now:

1. On a balcony somewhere Sunny ( like Miami!)
2. in a coffee shop in Amsterdam (Dutch Flowers)
3. Playing in the "big" game". Vegas baby!
4. Snorkelling in the Red Sea

I) 4 people I think will respond:
1. none....
2. Naebudy
3. > 4. > Now, here's what you're supposed to do... and please do not spoil the fun. Hit reply, delete my answers and type in your answers. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about those who know you. Remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you.

Oh and whilst you'll find the full back catalogue at Guinness n Poker,I can't resist posting my fav montage of the best of Tuffish..( not work friendly:plenty of cursin')
http://tuffish.ytmnd.com/

5 Comments:

At Friday, 18 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Acorn,

Good to catch up on yer blog. I gave it a menshy on the ghey questions i sent to MM (never thought he'd be the first to reply! BTW, ur mail isn't on my 'send lots of pish to' list, so i'll have to rectify that...)

The missus has had her best friend survive leukemia, so i think any cancer charity is worth investing in.

Therefore, I have a proposition for you(s)....

I will donate £100 to you and the sharks of your choice to split which ever way you (Acorn) see fit, to see how high much you(s) can win for your sis.

You lot play (details to be ironed out my man) until the 15th sept, then cash out and donate the 'stake' and the 'winnings'.

Furthermore, i will guarantee the £100 for your sis's fund. If you(s) make more, job done. If you(s) make less, i'll make up the difference to £100.

Who is up for and more importantly, is capable of the challenge???

 
At Friday, 18 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey S-man that's an incredible gesture mate!Disussions are already well under way!

Hope to maybe catch you on Mon night if your free?

cheers n thanks again,
Acorn

 
At Saturday, 19 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good A -, i'll put my money where my mouth is on monday, mate...

meanwhile...i think you guys could do some damage here.

get practicing....

 
At Saturday, 19 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Great stuff S-man,see you Mon.

 
At Saturday, 19 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Acorn, since we have some impressive players in america, perhaps we want to conract out some of challenge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document