Thursday, August 17, 2006

100 SNG's Played

First off a huge thanks to Mr Edge for his generosity in donating £15 of his hard earned money to http://www.justgiving.com/nicolashike. Our family went through a hellish time when my wee sister had cancer last year and any donations/sponsorship ( of any size!) from anyone reading this space will be very much appreciated.

Very quiet week on the poker front so far this week with still not too many hands played overall.I think after my usual weekend marathon sessions ,I need to ease my way back in gradually during the week or it starts feel like more of chore to play than a pleasure.

I did however play my 100th Sit and go at Interpoker and as 100 is probably about the first figure reached where stats start to mean something I thought I'd lose any readers I have left and post mine! I can't seem to post any pictures on the blog from my laptop so you're saved from the really boring graphs but not the full stats picture!

Played /Ave profit /Ave stake/ Ave Roi % / Total Profit

100 / $3 / $6 / 46% / $332

( Roi = Return on investment %)


I've come first 24 times and my next most favoured position is 3rd which has happened 13 times.I just need to improve on the 10 bubble finishes.

I'm quite please with my stats and despite the fact the $6 sng's at Inter are probably the fishiest/softest around ,it's a nice boost to my poker confidence to see a healthy profit figure.
I'm not kidding myself that this means I'm a great or even half decent player as any monkey that has played for a couple of years would probably beat the $6 sng's but it does feel more tangible to see those Sharky stats and feel good than it does when I tell myself I'm a decent Micro-stakes player because I can beat $50 nl 6 max.

Just back from my old folks place where I tried to help my Mum get her game back on track after a wee slump recently.We looked at her ten biggest losing hands from recent sessions and her biggest leak was that she had started making weak 2 *bb preflop raises due to playing a bit scared after a few tough beats.If I'm playing $25 nl ,I would usually bet $1.20 peflop depending on what the tables biting point is and how many callers I want.We didn't get much of a chance to play a game other than a $5 turbo shorthanded sng which I came 2nd in.

Mark never made it up last night ( pity as I bought Halo 2 yesterday) and Mrs A is working tonight.Got the Rangers V Hearts game at Ibrox on Sat before heading over to friends for the night.Rangers have just taken another Man utd kid on loan after getting Lee Martin last week.Heard good things about Bardsley and I hope he starts on Sat and shows us what he's made of.Two draws and a win so far has not been the best of starts but Le Gaffer is building a young team and it will take time for them to gel together and play as a unit.


My Alfa is booked in for next Tuesday.The latest quote for repairs including a full service is £700! £600 a few weeks ago for the exhaust,£120 for tyres ,£110 for failed MOT and brake check the other day.All that and petrol ( gas) is nearly £1 per litre! I have 11 months left on my car loan and I'm just hoping that all this money being spent just now will help prolong the cars life well beyond the end of the loan term.I'm sure there's tears of sympathy rolling down your cheeks by now so I'll finish up and let you go grab a big tissue....

3 Comments:

At Friday, 18 August, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Nice result on the SNGs! Twenty-four 1st place finishes? Impressive.

 
At Friday, 18 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey thanks Klopzi.Just need to keep it going for the next 100!

 
At Sunday, 20 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice nice work on the sit and go's.

Halo 2 eh yummy yummy. Im on xbox live as weareleeds if you ever fancy a game.

Good Luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document