Friday, August 11, 2006

Easy with Aces

Logged on late last night and began by playing a $5sng at Inter to warm up.I was using my laptop on the couch and although I hate the keyboard and mouse pad ,it was certainly more comfortable than my cupboard.I’m hoping to get my usb keyboard today and now I’ve downloaded Pokertracker ( email sent to support for new reg code) and bookmarked my Bloglines page,I’m feeling a bit more at home on my new Laptop.

The $5 sng didn’t last long after I made a preflop raise with AJ and the biggest fish at the table called with k10.Flop was a Q J 6 rainbow and I bet the pot,feeling fairly sure he didn’t have the Q.He called that bet and my all in on the blank turn and finally hit his straight on the river.

Moved to Laddys 6 max $50 nl and as usual picked the table with the highest average pot,$20 this time, and sat down ready to pick my spot.After about ten minutes of play I get AA and after reading Scurvydogs post on limping with KK and AA ( don’t do it!) I decided that as it was a very aggressive table ,I’d take the chance and limp as I was fairly sure someone would open the betting for me preflop and I’d get a chance to reraise or win a big pot if the flop texture was okay.It did get raised and I decided to call and see a flop which was a 2 8 9 rainbow.I was out of position and bet the pot hoping the villain would put me on a hand like tptk and reraise with JJ,QQ,KK.He did just that and I decided not to mess around and went all in for another $40.Sure he could have had trips or made a pf raise with 89 but my instinct said he had a big Pocket pair and sure enough he called with KK and I took the pot when no K fell on the turn or river.Whilst I may use the occasional limp with AA or KK to throw off opponents ,I wont be using it very often as perfect scenerios like the above come along very infrequently.

Moved to another table a shorttime after that and picked up Aces again and was lucky enough to be able to get all in preflop v AK and have ‘em hold up when I made a flush.Amazingly I was dealt AA again on the very next hand and won that too for a small pot.I showed my hand ( very rarely do that if I win and don’t have to show) and got a “hmmmmmm” response.If I didn’t find my new lappy keyboard such a pain I was going to reply something about “my new Aces on demand button working just fine” just to increase the paranoia.

Finally hit the sack about 1am after helping Mrs A ensure Step ‘s new bike was ready for her birthday today.The wee one was staying at a friends last night but I’ve called home today and she’s well pleased with it.Mrs A says she’s probably more excited by the Rangers Young Supporters club pack that my Mum organized for her but that’s kids eh! Not a kid for long though as she’s 12 now and starts secondary school on the 21st Aug.More a tweenager than a kid already.For some reasons she’s beginning to hate me calling her the “mighty midget” and “pipsqueak”….

Ok thanks for reading and don’t forget to check the links on the right for some quality blogging.Klopzi’s thoughts on tptk ,Scurvydogs limping with prem pairs,Gcox’s advice on low limits and chatbox abuse,Jordans trip reports,Juices thoughts on not relying on gamtime +,Jan at 50 Outs pixel map,the return of pokersweethome and probably my current most clicked on blog “The Tao of poker” for the best wsop coverage out there and where I first found out Jamie Gold had won the Wsop.Oh and don’t forget the Blogfathers excellent output especially the Tuff fish video clips which were the funniest clips I’’ve seen in a long time.Plenty of other good stuff to check out there too.

Just had a call to say my Gran had another fall last night and my folks have moved her into the nursing home at the end of my road.She spent 62 years in her house and is understandably upset at the move but due the stairs in her own house and her health problems ,I think it's for the best and that she'll feel more settled after a few days there.

Righty off for dinner...

7 Comments:

At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn

Sorry to hear about your gran. I own a Nursing Home and I understand how upsetting and difficult it is for her to leave her home of 62 years.

It may not be much concellation but if you have chosen a decent Nursing Home it's the best place.

I hope she settles well

 
At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks DW,much appreciated mate.

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

had to do the same with both my grand-parents A, my thoughts are with you.

And, does giving your step A Rangers Young Supporters Kit count as child abuse? Poor thing.

:-)

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers MD,but real child cruelty would have been a Manure or celt*c kit!

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Im suprised that being a girl she is interested in football. do you take her to games?

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

She's been to a couple of games Juice.May have to shell out for a season ticket for her in a few years if she stays interested.

Follow Follow!

 
At Saturday, 12 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

not to get too weepy about this but my dad never took me to games :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document