Sunday, July 30, 2006

Weekly/Monthly stats + Bollywood films

Thanks to all for the comments re my Gran.She is now back at my Uncles in York and may be back up the road soon.My folks are looking into the possibilty of a nursing home for her as she has stairs in her own house and these may prove difficult.

Mrs A and I never made our friends house last night as Mrs A had a sore throat and kidneys after her night out the front drinking with the neighbours on Friday.They got a bit noisy and our other neighbour was out shouting at them to keep the noise down.He's a big bald gangster looking type so in honour of the spat I made these wee video clips ... ( an asbo is an anti-social behaviour order btw)
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1497835

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1497900

So in my boredom I've added a couple more...

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1499491

and this one stars Juice, Edge and Rosie the Rottie..

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1497855

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1499517

No more, I promise!

To the poker and I've had a couple of decent nights at the tables to finish the month in good shape.As usual though I have loads to say when I have a bad night and not so much when it goes well! I have been stricter with myself and been taking breaks from the cash tables during long sessions.I hope I'm starting to recognise better when my concentration is beginnning to slip as that has always been a leak of mine.I'm still probably playing until too late but the Laddys and Inter tables are goldmines around 4-5am at the weekends and it's hard to drag myself away.I'm not sure whether it's because the house is quiet at that time or the fact I've been playing a few hours and know my table inside out but it's usually during those early hours when I feel as if I'm in the zone and capable of dealing with any beats that come my way.

I nearly opened a £100 table at Inter at 4.15am as I'd been running well for most of the night and felt on good form but I was also tiring fast and made the more sensible decision to play a $5 ,shorthanded turbo sng at Pokerroom before bed.I made an aggressive start,winning the first four pots before putting someone all in on the turn with my two pairs.They called with their flush draw,hit it on the river and I went from hero to shortstack.I felt my inner teenager trying to get out ( it's sooooo unfair,I went all in on a flush draw in the same type of sng the other night and I missed ,yet this fishy hits his) but realised two fishy moves don't make one great move (two wrongs don't make a right as my Mum used to say).

Anyways I played good poker and took 1st to end my night.

Figures are ...Inter $497,Ladbrokes $1212 ,Pokerroom $1050. Total $2759 ( + $155 for week).

June 30th $2429. Profit from July 1st-30th + $330

Ladbrokes 25 hours, Inter 37 hours. Total 62 hours.

Just back from Fir Park where Paul Le Guen's first competitive game in charge ended with a 2-1 win though in truth it was 2 going on 8 especially in the first half.Sionko scored on his debut and Big Dado scored our second after Motherwell had equalised.Allez Les Blues!

Probably back tomorrow or Tues with more nonsense.( may edit figures after tonights play too).

Thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

At Monday, 31 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acorn,

PMSL!

truly classic boolywood action. Thats my day at work sorted for the 'morra

meanwhile, how the conversation might go if the laddies dealer was real...

 
At Monday, 31 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad you enjoyed mate.Your own effort was rather fine too.
Nobodys gonna do any work anymore....

 
At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Blogger GaryC said...

You have entirely too much time on your hands. Get back to poker, mate.

G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document