Friday, July 21, 2006

It ain't me, babe!

I strongly believe in the saying "laugh and the world laughs with you,cry and you cry alone" but it's my blog and if I feel like a good moan and whinge then that's what I'm gonna do.I've had a really shitty week at work.It's bad enough dealing with complaints for a living at the best of times but the intense scrutiny our team are under is making the job almost intolerable.I've never looked forward to the end of each day as much as I have in the last week or so.On the bright side the pay is pretty good but believe me it has to be or I'd have left years ago.

I was feeling tired and scunnered when I logged on to play poker last night and lost a $50 buy-in at Laddys after a failed river bluff. I'd made it due to the sheer frustration of not getting any playable hands.I don't usually get that way but tiredness and just a general feeling of gloom meant I was miles from my best game last night.Also lost a little at Inter too and went to bed feeling annoyed at myself for playing poker in the wrong frame of mind.

Maybe an additional part of the problem was a lack of focus and concentration partly caused by tiredness but also by a lax attitude at the tables.I've been playing at $25nl 6 max Inter tables recently and whilst that's the right level for my Inter roll it's the same level I was playing at nearly 2 years ago and to be honest it aint much fun.Felicia wrote that low stakes nl is simply "wash,rinse,repeat" poker and for the most part I agree.Sure you can get fancy and "make moves" but in general it's wait for a monster hand/flop and try and clean up against weaker players holding worse cards.

I hate feeling gloomy though.I feel as if I've no right to feel like that when I'm a healthy guy with a great family and loyal friends.I think I just have this feeling sometimes like I should be making more of life and that somehow I'm just a spectator as the time flies by.Of course maybe my blood sugar is just a little low just now and I need my dinner!

Ok that's enough moaning.I am tired and probably need a few days off but it's nothing a nice dinner,good smoke and a winning session can't cure!

To end on a bright note it was great to see the mighty Juice has his pc fixed and is back at the tables at last.Dead money is always welcome....

4 Comments:

At Friday, 21 July, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Should I feel insulted that I get crushed at the InterPoker $25 NL 6-max tables?

Kidding...

This week's been a rough one on my end as well. Nothing a little poker, drinking, and relaxation can't fix.

Have a good one!

 
At Saturday, 22 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acorn - get a couple of rounds of bread'n'butter down ya - used to work wonders!

Enjoyed my night on Monday - as always, good to learn from PokerYoda (well, you might not be green, but yer the right height ;-) ).

For what's it's worth, the hands getting dealt on those SNG's we was on were PISH, so 'heads' up.

Thought you might like to know i just (10 mins ago)came 204th out of 10,000 on a party freeroll. I MADE THE MONEY!!!!!

Just need to work out what i'm going to spend the $0.21 on...........

Is there a poker union? - cos my hourly rates about $0.10 an hour.

maybe we need to set one up.....

 
At Saturday, 22 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yeah,Thank feck the weekend is here Klopzi!

Congrats on getting ITM , S-man.Today $0.21,tomorrow the World!

.10 an hour? Luxury!

 
At Saturday, 22 July, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

dead money!?

:-) We shall see.

Meat and potatos poker might work at the micro limits but who cares. Are you there to win or are you there to prove what a player you are. Also playing a sophisticated game is all well and good but if player just do what ever they want and are oblivious as to whats going on around them is it really worth the risk. Thats why i think some pros cant play micro limits. Plays that pay off at the big tables wont necessarily work against poor opponents

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document