Thursday, July 20, 2006

Brokelads

Been reading Gcox’s post about being stuck in a rut and while I reckon Mr Cox’s output is as good as ever ,his post rang a bell when I thought about this little corner of cyberspace.

Maybe it’s just the nature of blogs that some days there seems to be loads to witter on about and at other times I’m wondering where my next post is going to come from.

On the poker front there isn’t too much to report from play over the last couple of nights.I played at Laddys $50 nl 6 max and only really got into the game after dropping $16 through playing far too much of a passive and reactive kind of game.I’m trying to correct the urge to jump in and start making plays when I don’t have any reads but I’m finding it too easy to slip into a tight ,passive routine for too long.Last night the wild table had high average pots but the maniac was slightly more controlled and laid down a lot of hands when someone came back over the top of him.

The turning point came when in the middle of a hand I had been passively tagging along in I realised I was probably ahead and after a giving myself a mental slap I made the reraise required and the two villains folded.I had a bad run of beats at Inter recently and there’s no doubt that suffering too many of these in a short time means it’s easy to slip into the wrong mode of play and cost myself even more money!

Left $6 down at Laddys and $15 down from a few failed sng’s at Inter.Mrs A is off down to England for her brothers wedding tonight and wont be back until next Wednesday so it’s just me and my boy ( Nacho) until then.

Looks like I'l be spending a lot of time at ...




Ok that's all for now....

2 Comments:

At Friday, 21 July, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

I've had the same experience as you describe: jump into a SHNL game and start trying to make moves right away.

Even at 6-max tables, poker is about patience. I seem to have forgotten that in the past couple days and it's been a somewhat-costly lesson.

Enjoy the poker this weekend!

 
At Friday, 21 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Here's hoping we both get the balance right this weekend!

Cheers for the comment and have a good one at the tables yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document