Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shine on you Crazy Diamond

I was saddened today to hear that Syd Barrett,founder of The Pink Floyd,has died aged 60 from complications related to diabetes.He was the "crazy diamond" referred to in the song of the same name and the man who started it all before dropping out of the spotlight due to mental health issues ,probably caused by heavy lsd use.RIP Syd.

I didn't have much joy at the tables last night, which was my own fault for playing when I was so tired after late nights at the weekend.Oh I did have one minor moment of triumph when I came back from 67 chips at a $5 sng ( blinds 400/600) and came 3rd when my comeback luck finally faded but that was it.

If I'd been feeling sensible I'd have gone to bed after that ( around midnight) ,but nobody that knows me could ever accuse me of being too sensible,so I hit up a £25 6 max table at Inter.I lost an early gamble early on when I called a tilty players £12 all in,with me holding A10 soooted v his 99.Even being willing to take a gamble like that should have told me I wasn't in the right mood to play but I stumbled on and lost the rest of my buy-in on a bluff gone wrong.( I was 52% v 48% dog in the A10 V 99 match-up)


On the bluff hand I'd called a typical preflop raise ( can't even remember what I had!) and missed the flop.When the original preflop raiser bet out instead of folding I decided to call and try and take it away from him on a later street.The flop was Jack high and the way the betting was going it was obvious he had a high premium pair of some sort.When another Jack came on the river I decided the villan would be worried I'd made my set and reraised his bet,only have him insta-call with QQ.

Part of the problem was that I was new to the table and hadn't established the right table image for a move like that.They'd just seen me call an all in with A10 afterall so I can't have had the tight image I usually use to steal.I also had no idea whether or not the villan was capable of laying down a hand like QQ on a that kind of board because table image/how the board reads isn't relevant if the villan isn't paying attention.

I did at least see sense and went straight to bed after that hand,waking up early enough to take my car exhuast in to get looked at.I'd budgeted on a £250 repair and nearly fell off my seat when they called me to say I was looking at £680 as the whole exhaust apart from the Cat needed replaced.I've had other quotes of £580 and will be seeking a second opinion but it's getting noisier and nosier and I can't wait much longer to get it done.

I'm off to E-bay the dog....

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 11 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good title and a sad day indeed (although i thought Syd's stuff was a little, er strange).

bad news about the car - any discount for Italy winning the WC ;-)

sure you'll turn the poker aroon'...

 
At Tuesday, 11 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Remember when you were young,you shone like the sun...

Yeah damn car repairs eh.Nae discount though.The Alfa garage guy thinks he's won the World Cup every time I book my car in...


1988 Diary entry: "Can't find s-mans Def Leopard tape anywhere and he never stops going on about it.Whilst he was here tonight and I was on the phone he put my hairdryer on a at 120 volts and when I switched it on later it sparked all over the place then went bang.He can buy me a new hairdryer!"

3 days later..."S-man and I had a bit of an arguement about the tape I lost.He broke my hairdryer.We've sorted it out though..."

 
At Wednesday, 12 July, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

You leave Nacho alone - I'd rather see you sell youreslf on Ebay first.. (although you might get substantially less ;0))

 
At Thursday, 13 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that you thieving git - 'Hysteria', my fav album (at the time).
I don't remember breaking your hair dryer, but on reflection i think i did you a favour - only woman use hair dryers...;-)

 
At Thursday, 13 July, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Can I buy Acorn and put him to work playing poker 24/7?

 
At Thursday, 13 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Substantially less may be the understatement of the year Rosie!

S-man I suppose I should just be grateful I ( unlike some) still require the use of a hairdryer..

Thanks to Mr Edge for looking to win the bidding and then keep me captive playing poker.

With friends like you lot who need enemies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document