Sunday, July 16, 2006

Losing with a smile

Inter $217 ,Ladbrokes $ 1067 , Pokerroom $1054. Total $2338 ( - $139 for week).

Ok so perhaps I'm not exactly smiling about losing but I've played enough online poker to recognise a run of bad luck and that's what I've been going through recently.Last night at Inter''s £50 nl 6 max tables was almost laughable at times as I continued playing patiently ( 20 % vpip) and yet had hand after hand snapped off by nasty rivers etc.

After my 1010 had been beaten by AK ( all in on a low ragged flop,K on river) I was down to my last £45 at Inter but kept plugging away and eventually pulled back enough to keep the wolves from the door at that site.

I titled the post "losing with a smile" because nearly two years of experience has taught me that running bad happens.It can happen for weeks or months but it will pass and it's simply part of the game and has to be accepted.

All the usual sensible stuff we say to each other when running badly seems to have really sunk in with me to the extent that I really mean it when I say I'm not overly concerned.I've looked at the big hands that cost me on Pokertracker and with very few exceptions I know I played them aswell as I could and that's all anyone can ask of themselves at the table.

I did play past my self imposed curfew till 5am last night but the table I was at was so juicy it was hard to leave.I'm working five hours tomorrow ( double time n half) as it's the Glasgow Fair.Looking forward to a long lie and a 12pm start.Tuesday morning will see the car going back into ATS to ask them to check over the new exhaust.There be a couple of strange misfiring noises coming from that there vehicle!

Mrs A is off down South on Friday for her brothers wedding so we're hoping to go see The Da Vinci Code on Wed night and maybe grab a meal out.Mrs A is stomping around today in a helluva mood because the grandkids were supposed to be staying with us but her boy never called to cancel.Mrs A missed my sisters party and we also cancelled a night over at friends to babysit.

Just watched Rangers lose 2-0 to the South African champions in a pre-season friendly.It was pretty much a second choice team the Gers had out but the players who did play didn't stake much of a claim for place in the team.

Ok that's all for today.My plan for tonight is to win and look miserable....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document