Monday, July 24, 2006

Shhhh

Don't tell the poker gods but I had another enjoyable ,winning night at the tables last night.I began by coming 20th in a $10 mtt at Inter for $27 and followed that by coming 2nd in a $5 sng.
I also made a small profit at the £25 nl 6 max tables before moving to Pokerroom to blow off some steam with a couple of shorthanded $5 turbos.I was Chipleader for a while in the first one before losing so decided I'd play one last one before bed and this time I was going to play in maniac mode.

I'm far too much of a tightass to be a complete maniac but I had great fun raising every unraised pot and betting whenever checked to me.I also took control pre-flop and raised hands like Q10,J9 sooted and then piled on the pressure if I hit any part of the flop.

It was the most fun I've had at the tables in ages and that style certainly has it's advantages.I don't think anyone stole my blinds once because I was likely to come back over the top of them.Certainly at one point I was forced to go all in with A5 and hit an Ace to stay alive but after that hand I never looked back and won it after showing down the hammer twice after an all in push and the table folded.

I know many people say turbos are just Crapshoots but I disagree.Sure the blinds go up faster but picking the right spot to make your moves is even more vital and in standard sng's it pretty much comes down to an all in pushfest nearer the end anyway.If you think players are all action loving fish at $5 sng's you should try a few turbos!

Mrs A is due back tonight at some point and the s-man will be up for some pokery fun so it should be a good night.

Also took delivery of Doubleas book "Pressure Poker" and can't wait to get started on it.It's been a while since I read a poker book and this is one I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into.

Back later in the week.Here's a couple of funnies from the paper to be going on with...

A reader tells us of a job application form he saw last week in which, under the section on addresses, at the question "Time at your present address?" the applicant had written "18.45."

Rumour from the Open was that America's Fred Funk went up to Australia's Ben Bunny on the practice green, shook his hand and said "thank you".When Bunny asked him what that was for, Funk replied: "Because I've no longer got the most ridiculous name in golf

Australian plain-speaking continued. Dr Bill Thomson in Bothwell recalls a colleague attending a conference in Australia where he hailed a cab.Instead of sitting in the front with the driver, he sat in the back. The driver merely turned round and asked: "What's the trouble, mate? Have you got leprosy?"

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 25 July, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

I've been enjoying Pressure Poker. I also think it is a great book to let a newbie borrow if they are thinking about testing out the online waters...just a thought for once you are done with it and if you have some friends leaning towards playing...

 
At Tuesday, 25 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

So far,so good with the book and that's a fine idea only I'm not sure I'd want to play home games with my friends if they've read it too!

"You know I just can't seem to find that book anywhere".....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document