Friday, July 28, 2006

The Lion Rampant

If this was a political blog I'd have plenty to say on the Middle East but as it's not I'll stick to my poker,life and attacking the politically correct society we live in.Read the story in the papers today, about the police asking someone to remove the Lion Rampant flag from their property as someone had said it was offensive. As a Rangers fan I've heard the same nonsense from celt*c fans regarding the flying of the Union flag.Having visited the States and seen the number of US flags proudly on display ,my American readers must wonder just what kind of a nation the UK is,when reading stories like this! Here are the offensive flags.Look away now to avoid offence!








The police have also been busy telling a lady to remove this sign as it is "distressing,offensive and inappropriate". If it's not clear from the pic it says "Our dogs are fed on Jehovahs witnesses".

In my opinion the complainants should be charged with wasting police time and not have their pathetic whining indulged.











To the poker and firstly congrats to Rosie and Miasdad for recent mtt cashes.Fine work!
Miasdad asked if I played many mtt's and after answering in the negative ,I was reminded why as I crashed out an Inter $10 ( $3k gtd) mtt when my flopped set of threes were beaten by a flopped set of sevens.Luckily I wasn't too far in so I didn't waste much time and hit up the £25nl tables and had a reasonably successful hour of play.I actually felt quite lucky ( hit a couple of sets on flop) and it flashed through my mind that poker is about struggling through the bad beats and bad luck to hit those sweet hands that build the roll.

All this was after visiting my Mum and Dads with Step A ( Mrs A was working) for dinner last night.My Gran isn't keeping well and is in hospital in York ( visiting my Uncle n family) after suffering a series of mini strokes.She's 81 and the only Grandparent I have left and I really hope she comes through this.

Tonight is a quiet night in and tomorrow night we are going through to Lanark ( 3/4 hr away) to get wasted and stay over with friends at their new place.On Sunday my cousin and I are off to Motherwell for Rangers first game of the new football season and Le Guens first competitive game in charge.

Vive La Revolution!

10 Comments:

At Friday, 28 July, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

MTTs are crap, as is all this politically correct, touchy-feely nonsense about signs, statements, and where one stands in society.

I'd join the revolution, but I'm lazy and I'd rather play poker!

Have a good weekend!

 
At Friday, 28 July, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

My thoughts are with you for your Gran Acorn. I hope she gets through it too

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Yes good luck to granny acorn. Hope the family is ok.

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

also all i have to say about people who complain about offensive flags/cartoons/articles is that the answer to bad speech is more speech rather than bringing in the police and telling people what they can and cnanot do.

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your grandma and your family. I hope she pulls through!

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like to join the others wishing Granny A speediest recovery.

Reckon she's a tough ole 'corn tho -she's put up with 33+ years of you!

Politically correct? Does anyone else remember 'them' being labelled 'the loony left' in the 80's?

How did it get to this.....?

 
At Saturday, 29 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps, where do you get those signs?

I'd like one for my cats.

 
At Sunday, 30 July, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

hope everything works out with Grandma A, I'm sure she'll be fine.

The whole country has gone PC bonkers. What other country would penalise their countrymen from flying the national flag?Incredible.

 
At Monday, 31 July, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I hope Granny A gets better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document