Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Silver Shadow

I’m a hopeless poker addict! I switched off on Sun night at 1am and then decided I wasn’t tired,switched back on and blew $50! ( see adjusted stats!).

Last night began well and ended poorly.I’ve a decent sng record at $5sng ( inter) and began by winning a £5sng ( aprox $10 sng).The play was slightly tighter than than $5 and Sharky indicated there were a couple of solid players at the table but it was still quite soft.I’m going to give the £5 sng’s more attention in future and see if I can maintain the returns I’m getting at $5.

Played some £25nl at Inter and left £13 up ,only to join Rottie at $25 nl and proceeded to get fishslapped until I finally gave up for the night.Finished $17 up for the night but after such a good start it felt like almost like a loss.

Nearly finished Doubleas excellent book which covers all the basic fundamentals required for winning online play.I’d like to think I knew most of the fundamentals already after nearly two years of real money play online, but there are a few gems in there along the way which stick in my mind and which will help make a difference to my game.I particularly liked the hand analysis done and the different thinking applied.As I consider moving up and playing at higher stakes more often the deep stacks info was a real help and the fact that most of the book was based on No Limit poker also suited me.

Not much else going on this week in Acornland.I did have fun buying a pair of my favourite trainers from my youth,Hi-tec silver shadows.A workmate called me to say he’d seen a pair in a local sports shop ( I thought I’d bought the last pair in Glasgow a year ago) and I could hardly contain my excitement as I made my way there.When I asked the assistant if they did indeed stock the Legendary Silver Shadow shoe, she disappeared for ages before returning with a box and an apology that they didn’t have the “Legendary” ones ,just the “ordinary” ones.I didn’t have the heart to tell her that Legendary was my own description of the worlds number 1 training shoe and gleefully made my purchase!

Thanks to S-man for his Bollywood film effort ( see yesterdays comments) and yes GCox I probably do have entirely too much time on my hands!

If anyone else comes up with any fine Bollywood efforts email me or leave me a comment and I’ll post the best ones here.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

silver shadows, now that's a blast from the past....

legendary indeed...

 
At Wednesday, 02 August, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I'm too young to recognise that name. Could you post a picture of the legend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document