Thursday, August 10, 2006

pc crash

Hit the tables late on Tuesday but not for long as my computer completely died on me.It would boot up and then cut out.I eventually managed to get back on and managed a quick turbo sng before bed but on Wednesday morning when I tried it out ,it had conked out totally.

I mentioned I got cash from Mrs A and my parents for my birthday so I was off to Tesco at lunchtime yesterday to buy my new £299 laptop.It’sfairly basic but wireless and comes with Norton virus guard and a 15.4” lcd screen.Amazingly for such an e-tard I managed to get it set up fairly easily and even have my wireless hub thing working with it! I’m buying a new usb keyboard though for use in my poker cupboard as I hate the one built onto the laptop.

Downloaded the essentials last night ( Interpoker,Ladbrokes and Pokerroom) but I’ll need to get Pokertracker sorted again.I think I just need to download it and email support for a reg code but it’s frustrating to lose all my bookmarks and software from my busted pc.My dad knows someone who will take a look at it but with refurbs available for £100 it’s probably not worth fixing.I may just go with the laptop only but I’ve only just bought a 17” lcd monitor and I rather like it.Hmmmm.

Mark was over last night for our weekly ps2/ xbox fest.My “Black” game wouldn’t load so we played a bit of “Snowblind” until we remembered why we’d abandoned it before….we was stuck.

Hit the tables after Mark left and lost one and came 2nd in another turbo sng at Pokerroom.I had to find £170 of my own cash to go towards the laptop and with the car going in for its MOT next week I’ve decided to take out $325 from Pokerroom to cover the laptop purchase.It’s not ideal because I’m trying to rebuild my roll but I don’t play cash games at PR anymore and a $325 withdrawl leaves plenty for the turbo sngs I like there.PR also allows cashouts to my debit card which makes life a lot easier than Inters slow cheques.( and yes one day I’ll get netteller)

Opened a Laddys cash table for a quick game before bed and immediately got caught in two minds with AJ on a Jack high flop.It was 6 max as usual and I’d called a preflop raise ( I was going to raise myself).When the preflop raiser led out I raised but with all the recent posts n blogs about overplaying top pair top kicker ,I slowed down on turn and allowed Mr J9 to catch a 9 on the river and beat me.( I made a crying call when he reraised my river bet).

I need to remember that while nobody wants to go broke with tptk,at 6 max and especially at loose tables with high average pots,tptk can often be the best hand.

That weak play cost me $20 but I clawed back $10 before hitting the sack for the night.

Forgot my sandwiches today so it was down to the works canteen again.I managed to avoid the chile chicken after last weeks effort ( posted) but I don’t think wee Betty believed me when I told her I’d posted a photo of it on the web and had comments from round the world!

I’m probably going to pop over to my folks place tonight for a while as my Mums poker account has taken a hit and has sunk from $256 to $60.Time to go through PT and find some leaks!

Today is also the day I’m going to book our next holiday in Egypt.Two weeks all inclusive at the Iberotel Club Fanara in Sharm from Oct 19th.Roll on….

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 10 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloo :)

I've noticed recently that a lot of STT grinders play the turbo tourneys - I've always found these to be more of a crapshoot, since you have less time to let your edge show through. What is it about the turbos that attracts the pro grinders?

Cheers, and keep up the good work.
www.allinpokerblog.co.uk

 
At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thx for comment Anon.
Turbos are more of a crapshoot and require some luck but there's so many poor players attracted to them I still find them ev+ and also a welcome break from grinding.

The other main benefit is that a 10 player turbo can be won in aprox 20 mins so more can be squeezed in to a nights play.

thanks again for stopping by and good luck...ghryyvd

 
At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn

You like games too :)

You guys really need a 360. It's taken gaming to a whole new level

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document