Wednesday, August 02, 2006

End of Inter challenge

As a special favour to Mr Edge here are the legendary hi-tec
Silver Shadow trainers in all their glory!











Not much happening on the poker front.$7 down for the week so far though I'm quite keen to play more £5 sngs after winning one and bubbling out on one last night.Tuesday nights sng was interesting because I was completely card dead and yet still made the bubble ( my AK fell to A7).It's only a few games there but it doesn't seem too big a step up from the $5 games.I'll give my Sharky stats for Inter again when I hit 100 games but so far I'm doing ok I think.

Last night my mate and I finally finished Halo and I'm now looking to buy Halo 2 or Half-life for the Xbox.After he left the only poker played was a $5 turbo at PR and I just missed out on the money after a suckout.

I've now finished reading Doubleas poker book and I'm seriously considering trying the plan he recommends to "take a shot".My poker has got lazy recently and I spend more time chatting and playing lowly $5sngs than trying to improve my game and test myself at higher levels.The table in the book requires only three buy-ins and has a fallback safety net too.I have $494 at Inter and if I go ahead then it will be there as the bonuses clear very quickly at $100 nl and up.
I would declare my whole Inter roll to be withdrawn from my main bankroll and play with it completely independently from my main roll.I'd have to otherwise it would be playing with scared money and while I don't want to get wreckless ,playing scared is never good.

The Inter challenge appears to be over and quite honestly although I was trying to use good roll management skills to avoid busting at Inter,I find $25nl 6 max a little tedious and boring and motivation hard to come by.Rottie and Mr Edge have retired from the challenge,MiasDad has taken so many tough beats at Inter he's playing at other sites,Juice has made withdrawls from his Inter account and only Kronsdat and I appeared to be left in it.Thanks to all who took part.

I'd also like to add a big thanks to Juice for posting me his copy of Phil Gordons "Little Green book". Looking forward to reading it over the next few days.

Ok dinner time and then I may just hit the tables....

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 03 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

what are you saying! im still in the challenge!

 
At Thursday, 03 August, 2006, Blogger doubleas said...

I'd be interested in hearing what you thought about the book some time - doubleas (at) gmail (dot) com

 
At Thursday, 03 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You withdrew $150 from Inter Juice! That's not the actions of a man trying to hit $1k asap!

Email reply sent with my thoughts on your book DA.

 
At Friday, 04 August, 2006, Blogger Scrawnybob & 4kingpoker said...

hi Acornman

we exchanged links a while ago (4kingpoker blog) and wanted to run a couple of link exchange ideas past you if your interested

email me scrawnybob at 4kingpoker dot com

cheers Rob

 
At Friday, 04 August, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Wow. Nice trainers. I'm going to get some off ebay.

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I think the challenge was a great idea A, and I enjoyed it, but sometimes these things go on too long and people lose their motivation.

Maybe we need to think of a challenge that will be run over a month so everyone keeps focused?

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Yes! but who is to say i cant beat all of you even WITH that withdrawl!

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

They're as comfy as a pair of slippers Mr E.You wont regret your purchase!

Any ideas for a new challenge MD? I agree that a 1 month limit next time would keep it fresher.

I'm saying that Juice....hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document