Friday, August 04, 2006

A sandwich short of a picnic

Friday at last! I've been enjoying following the coverage of the Wsop at the Tao of Poker all week but haven't played too much myself for one reason or another.Last night was the same and I only managed one $5 sng at Inter ( 3rd) before quitting.I actually really enjoyed playing in that sng because three of us battled back and forth for so long with all of us leading and being the shortstack at some point.My A4 was finally beaten by A2 sooted ( flopped flush) but no complaints from me.Aggression seems to be the key to doing well in these sngs.I beat the bubble after calling a preflop raise with J7 and going all in on an Ace high flop forcing the raiser to fold.Felt great!

Hopefully plenty of poker ahead this weekend.£5 sngs and 6 max are in my sights and I may even tackle an MTT or two.

I'm looking forward to Rangers first home league game of the season v Dundee Utd tomorrow at Ibrox.We had a good start last week and will hopefully continue in that form.Had to laugh at this Youtube clip of New England fans taunting our rivals on their recent US tour.Good to see not everyone falls for their plastic paddy routine...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfnKzXzK7Q


On Sunday we're heading to my folks place for birthday dinners.Mine is on Sunday and Step A has hers a week today.I did joke with my colleagues that I was practising my surprised look, for when they were going to hand over the expensive gift they all chipped in for but so far...nothing!


Mrs A was working until late last night so no sandwiches for my lunch until I paid £2.55 for this sad effort at the works canteen...
















You know when you start posting photos of sandwiches that it's time to finish the post ( if not the whole damn blog!) so thanks for reading this weeks witterings...

9 Comments:

At Friday, 04 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sandwich was dire mate

luckily, the bhangra boys may have the answer

man, i can't believe how OLD you are now.... ;-)

 
At Saturday, 05 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

well, if there's any leftovers......

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Poker4peace said...

LOL At first glance I thought you had posted a picture of an old pair of shoes.

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

happy birthday acorn!

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Nice movie s-man.New career possibilities as a director await..

My shoes looked a lot tastier than that damn thing ,Slimeface.lol

Thanks Juice.Yep,21 today....

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

just remember you are as young as the woman you feel!

 
At Sunday, 06 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Being a toyboy I'm not sure I like that analogy Juice!

 
At Monday, 07 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

And thats EXACTLY why i used it ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 08 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude

That sandwich looked awful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document