Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Charity Appeal+ Lifes bad beats

This could easily be a long whining post about the latest £600 car MOT bill I'm faced with, but getting an email from my sister requesting sponsorship, for a walk for the Maggies Centre cancer charity, kind of helped me get a sense of perspective on what a bad day really is.My family don't know I blog but if anyone would like to sponsor my sister ( who beat cervical cancer last year) on a 17 mile walk across London at night then please visit http://www.justgiving.com/nicolashike and either sponsor or donate.Thanks!

Other minor bad beats this week include ordering a ham and mushroom pizza delivery and for the second week running ( different pizza shop) I get a flippin ham n pineapple! I detest pineapple!

Still on the good news front I was delighted to see the UK lower it's terrorist warning threat status from "severe" to "critical".We can all relax now eh!

Mrs A gave me a laugh last night though when she read out a "handy tip" from her "Take a Break" magazine. "If your jumpy about creepie crawlies,keep post- it ( sticky) notes to hand when reading a newspaper or magazine .If you see a scary picture,just slap a post-it over the photo". Aye pure genius! Wonder if that would work playing online poker if your opponent has a scary flush draw.Simply cover the area where the cards appear with a post-it and watch where the chips go after the hand....

At the tables I've not played too much poker this week so far.My Nolan sisters were busted by Mr A8 hitting an Ace on the river last night before I moved to laddys and won $15 in a short session of $50 nl 6 max.I left for bed just after 1am but my table had one real live one and it was tough dragging myself away.

I mentioned before not using Pokertracker enough for analysis ( or not at all just now!) and in truth I don't take enough notes or do enough fish tagging either.I actually think I'm too lazy to move up much further in blind levels.I look back at posts from last August and I was playing a lot of $100 nl and even a few weekends of $400/$500 nl( all 6 max),yet here I am still playing mostly $50 nl a year later.I can chill out,smoke,read blogs and chat to Mrs A ( with tv up loud for her) whilst winning 9bb/100 and while the beats can be a strain sometimes, it's still at a level where I can do ok with relative comfort.

I am enjoying my wee bash at sng's though and will post my Sharkscope stats when I've hit 100 Crypto games ( 3 to go).

Righty that's it for today.Back tomorow or later in the week...

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 16 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn

I haven't donated. I do some charity stuff for my kids school.

Best of luck to her though. The last time I did I walk of that length I was 14.

I remember the blisters lol

Good luck at the tables.

 
At Wednesday, 16 August, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

I love pineapple on pizza but not ham - go figure...

As for the sticky note thing, I do something similar when I'm playing. If I'm in position to win or lose a big pot and I'm all in, I minimize the window and don't look back until I'm notified to play my next hand or forced to rebuy after going broke.

 
At Wednesday, 16 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs DW.I'll pass on your good luck wishes to her.Her longest walk to date is to her car in the morning so we'll see if she makes the 17 miles!


I know where to send my pineapple pizza's from now on then Klopzi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document