Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday stats

Ladbrokes $1403 ,Interpoker $ 713,Pokerroom $1015. Total $3131 (+ $131 for week)

I had a fairly tough night at the tables last night but still managed to finish up $130 for the week which isn't too bad I suppose.At least I went out of last nights $3k gtd at Inter with my money in as a slight favourite with JJ losing to AK.Not placing in a $5sng and then winning a $10 sng at Ladbrokes were my other tourney results from last night.

The cash tables weren't too kind with my Nolan sisters ( QQ) getting busted twice ( all in pre flop) by 77 and j8 and my Aces falling to someone who called with 47 sooted! I didn't realise that Interpoker is also a William Hill skin which must be part of the reason it's so juicy ( but high variance).I must admit the 47 and j8 suckouts rocked me a little for a while but these are the type of players I take money off on a regular basis so I'm not going to whine about it.

Part of my way of dealing with it is to try and lower my expectations when I get a premium hand.AA is only 55% fav versus 4 random hands and at these loose Inter tables 3 or 4 callers can be the norm even after a 5/6 bb raise preflop.There's a lot written about players wrongly falling in love with tptk ( top pair top kicker) but you really have to judge the table you are at because at Inter if players get any piece of the flop they usually don't go away and tptk can be very strong and needs to be played hard at times to prevent the fish catching up in the hand.

One wee observation from this weeks play concerns raises with hands like AJ,AQ preflop from late position in sng's and mtt's especially and that is that if you get heads up and there's a K high ragged flop instead of seeing that as a bad flop for my hand ,I rather like it ,as a 3/4 pot size continuation bet seems to take it down the large % of the time the villian doesn't have a King either.Actually that may be part of the reason I've had a decent run at sngs's recently.I'm more willing at sngs's to make a bet based on what cards I think my opponent doesn't have rather than on what I think they do hold.In loose aggressive cash games it's just not so easy to put callers off it seems and a strategy of trying to get in cheap from good position and bet big when the flop hits me hard ,seems to work best.

Ok,off to watch the rest of the Rangers game.0-0 at halftime v Dunfermline.

Here's the final hand of this years WSOP for anyone whose not seen it yet.Back next week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2lIqILInK0

2 Comments:

At Monday, 14 August, 2006, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

You are spot-on with your assessment of MTT/SNG play vs loose cash games. In cash you generally have to assume you'll be showing your hand down at the river, in tournaments you need to make people feel they'll have to commit all their chips in order to get you to show down.

It's far more about the chips the other player isn't willing to risk, with the cards he does or doesn't have, than whether your hand is good if he calls.

 
At Tuesday, 15 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the comment.Much appreciated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document