Saturday, August 19, 2006

S-mans Challenge...

First off a big thanks to Juice for his donation to http://www.justgiving.com/nicolashike. Much appreciated!

The S-man left such a great offer in the comments bit of my last post that I felt it deserved a post of it's own.Here are the details of his challenge..

"The missus has had her best friend survive leukemia, so i think any cancer charity is worth investing in. Therefore, I have a proposition for you(s)...

I will donate £100 to you and the sharks of your choice to split which ever way you (Acorn) see fit, to see how high much you(s) can win for your sis.You lot play (details to be ironed out my man) until the 15th sept, then cash out and donate the 'stake' and the 'winnings'.Furthermore, i will guarantee the £100 for your sis's fund. If you(s) make more, job done. If you(s) make less, i'll make up the difference to £100.Who is up for and more importantly, is capable of the challenge??? "

Huge thanks to the S-man for putting up so much dosh for us poker degenerates to gamble with in the name of a great cause. Hopefully we wont end up cursin' like Tuffish and we'll make a few bob for chariteeeee.£100 = aprox $200 and though I don't want to spread it too thin ,if anyone would like to volunteer ( Rottie and Juice are in so far) please drop me a comment. ( nae total strangers though ,sorry!)

I'm not asking anyone to forget about their own bank roll and just play with the charity fund for a month but anyone who feels they can put in at least a reasonable amount of hours is welcome.No set format.If your in you can play it any way you like from sng's to cash games.

To last nights poker and I had a decent night,starting with a 3rd and a win at $5 sng's before winning about $40 at the 6 max.

No time for much more as I'm off to see the Rangers play Hearts at Ibrox in a minute.Fitba' followed by poker.Oh and I finally "burned" my first cd last night.( and no matches in sight!).From my cd onto the HD and then onto a blank cd! Tw'as easy! Now I just need to learn how to burn it from the web and rip it onto a blank cd.I'll be writing programmes next....

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 20 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

Mr A - I'll take part in the challenge. And, I'll make up any money that is lost, so if you give me, say £20, and I lose it - I'll donate £20 to the charity.

And, on the flip side, if I win, I'll double my winnings and donate that also, so if i turn £20 into £40 - £20 winnings, I'll put another £20 in as well as the winnings.

How's that?

 
At Sunday, 20 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Owen,it's about time this blog started making me millions!


Miasdad,
That's a fine offer and after a nano-second of careful consideration...You're in!
Details to follow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document