Sunday, September 03, 2006

Stats,Royal Flush,Charity Latest

Good news first and I finally withdrew $70 from Pokerroom and deposited it in Sun poker to begin the S-mans's charity challenge.My sister is walking 17 miles across London on Sept 15th for the cancer charity "Maggies Centres".

" Maggie's Centres help people adjust to living with cancer. Its pioneering support programme has been developed for patients, their carers, family and friends. Each centre is located close to an NHS hospital and they have been designed carefully and imaginatively to make sure people feel at home. "

Big thanks to all who have made a donation so far.There's still time to give and for anyone that does, remember I'll be sending names to the poker gods who've promised to tone down the bad beats and even throw in a couple of winning 2 outers for those involved.( please read non-existent small print for terms,conditions and getout clause!)

Edit: Pokerroom are driving me nuts.I tried to cash out $70 to my debit card ( to cover the $70 I deposited at Sun) but although it went through ok yesterday they have credited the $70 back to my account because they say my card had expired.The expiry date is 01/09 and apparently their US system thinks thats Sept 1st and not January 2009.Despite them knowing this is the problem they still want a fax with both sides of my card as proof.I was even told to double check expiry date with my bank!Have they never come across this before? Incompetent mo fo's. rant over.



I tried to start last weekend with my existing Inter fund but after going 0 for 10 in sngs decided a fresh start was required.Began by going out of a £5 sng when my 2 pairs ran into a straight but a set of fours v 2 pair saw me strike back and my charity bankroll now
stands $22 up at $92.I'll probably hit the $5 sngs and try and build it that that way.

Not much to post in a poker blog when I don't play hence the lack of posts for a few days.Friday night was great for chat but poor for poker as Miami Mark,S-man and myself got on that Skype thing and tore through a few Pokerroom turbos whilst chewin' the fat.I did place 2nd in a 20 player sng and that helped offset a couple more bubble finishes.

The truth is the poker was a distant second to a great night of chat and nonsense.It's been a long time since we all ( including Mrs MM) got together for a sesh and with the S-mans wild elephant beer persona emerging ( yes, somehow him projectile vommiting a fountain over the inside of my car and side of my head were now my fault for not pulling over in time! ) and Mrs MM trying to get us all singing The Floyds "Wish you were here" it felt like I'd stepped back almost 20 years.The memory of MM swinging a 2 bar electric fire round his head to see if we could "see the tracers" during another mad session just came to mind but that's another story!

Watched Scotland knock six ( two for Boyd) past the Faroe Islands in the first Euro 2008 qualifer.A good result but still an impossible group to qualify from.

Later Mrs A was out so I hit the tables and played a few sng's and some 6 max nl at Laddys.I had been doing ok until I made one daft call around 4am which left me slightly down for the week overall.

Interpoker $475 ,Ladbrokes $1555 ,Pokeroom $1015. Total $3074 ( - $45 for week).

Sunpoker Charity Challenge $92 ( $70 starting amount)


After joining Sunpoker I realised I'd forgotten how easy it was to open a new account and I reckon I'll be looking at trying a few more new sites soon especially if they are skins of sites I already like.I now have 2 accounts on Crypto network and I wonder if there's much of an edge to be gained by occasionally leaving a table where I have good reads etc and rejoining it via the other skin using a different name.One to ponder...

After my moan about the new Crypto bonus rake rules it looks as though the player points are still being gained at the same rate as before at the micro-stakes tables.I'm not sure if this is a blip or not but at least so far I wont need to go to $1-$2 to clear bonuses.After Matts comment I nearly considered trying some fixed limit $1-$2 to clear my remaining Inter bonus but I have so little FL experience I'd probably end up losing more than the bonus.The fact that I detest fixed limit poker also comes into it...

Righty before I go here's my second ever Royal Flush hand history and my first ever in a tourney.I was hoping the villian had the boat but no such luck.It all happened so fast I had to use Pokerooms session browser to check I wasn't dreaming!It probably cost me money ( I bubbled) as I spent so much time after the hand hunting it down!

Thanks for reading.Back soon...


Hand 942948216, Started at 03/09/2006 01:00
Table 'Malibu': 20-20 No Limit HE (TournamentChips)
Seat 0: Zagga (3,860 in chips)
Seat 1: steve5758 (2,620 in chips)
Seat 2: crzybil (4,325 in chips)
Seat 5: Magicalman3 (3,430 in chips)
Seat 6: Gad30 (7,650 in chips)
Seat 7: O I C (4,475 in chips) (on the button)
Seat 9: Vale Rossi (3,640 in chips)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
Dealt to Zagga: Jh
Dealt to Zagga: 10h
Vale Rossi : Post Blind (300)
Zagga : Post Blind (600)
*** Pre-Flop *** :
steve5758 : Fold
crzybil : Call (600)
Magicalman3 : Fold
Gad30 : Fold
O I C : Fold
Vale Rossi : Fold
Zagga : Check
*** Flop *** : Qh 5c 5d
Zagga : Check
crzybil : Check
*** Turn *** : [ Qh 5c 5d ] Ah
Zagga : Check
crzybil : Bet (1,200)
Zagga : Call (1,200)
*** River *** : [ Qh 5c 5d Ah ] Kh
Zagga : Bet (1,200)
crzybil : Fold
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: 5,100 | Rake: 0
Board: [ Qh 5c 5d Ah Kh ]
Zagga bet 3,000, collected 5,100, net 2,100
steve5758 lost 0
crzybil lost 1,800
Magicalman3 lost 0

4 Comments:

At Monday, 04 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit my first royal flush this morning on pokeroom too! Havent played there in nearly a year so maybe they are trying to get me to stay?
RIGGED! ;-)

 
At Monday, 04 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you've finally admitted your role in the l'affair de vomite!

Was excellent banter - should do it again, without the ele beer tho'.

I'll be happy if i don't see it again for another 15 years....

 
At Monday, 04 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I've considered rakeback but probably don't play high enough to have it make me much.

I will get on Neteller eventually one day...


Cad, don't mention it being rigged or they flick the doom switch..


S-man has just arrived at door so I'll answer his comment personally!

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger Klopzi said...

Just wanted to mention that MPPs no longer track raked hands at InterPoker.

The other night, I had 203 raked hands left to clear my bonus. My bonus was cleared when my MPPs hit 65 or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document