Saturday, August 26, 2006

Better times

I hope todays post title doesn't jinx my play today but after losing that $200 pot at the start of the week and then losing another $37 on Thursday night it was nice to pull a little back last night.

Began by playing a few $5 turbos with Miami Mark before going out of the $3k gtd mtt at Inter with a desparate move with KsQs which hit a Q and flush draw on the flop but the Ace on the turn meant the villians A3 beat me.How could he call with that?!! hehe.

Back to the $5, 20 player turbo's at Pokerroom and MM and I battled through 18 donkeys to get headsup which only lasted a hand and gave me a much needed $40 win.
Headed off to Laddys for the late night madness that usually ensues there on Friday and Sat nights and and won about $60 at $50nl 6 max.It gave my poker confidence a boost and I think I'm ready to take my shot with the charity challenge $60 now.I felt I played well last night although I'm still not happy with just calling bluffs,I want to reraise them too!

I feel I'm sometimes missing opporunities when I'm ahead and I check on the river but I suppose if the villian is on a stone cold bluff then I'm never going to get my reraise called anyway.I did enjoy calling one particular players river bluff bet of $5.50 on a board with paired fives.Maybe I read too much into things sometimes but I was sure he bet $5.50 because he wanted to make me think he had the 5 ( surprised he didn't bet $5.55!).


I'm probably still down about $80 for the week but I'm feeling much better about my game overall afte last night.I hate the way my poker self-esteem seems to ebb and flow so much according to how my week has gone.I know it's about making the right decisions I shouldn't sweat the results but I suppose I worry that if I stop thinking about da money ,I'll start playing too loose a game and be making costly wrong decisions.

Enjoyed an interesting debate with Rottie and Mark about ranting at players after bad beats or simply cursing the variance biatch instead.Reading Phil Gordon's "Little Green book" ,it seems we are all wrong and we shouldn't be making a fuss either way.

"All I can do is get my money in the pot with the best hand.No matter how hArd I try,I can't control the cards after the money is in the pot.All I can do is get my money-as much money as possible-into the pot when I have the best hand.

Bad beats,suckouts,and lucky catches for my opponents are an essential part of the game.If bad players couldn't occasionally get lucky and win,there would be no poker games worth playing.

It does no good whatsoever to fret about losing a pot if I got my money into the pot with the best hand"

Didn't finish playing till 5am last night and will need to watch for tiredness creeping in to my play today but Mrs A is working from 4pm-12.30am so a pokery night ahead.I wont be up too late as I'm off to rugby park tomorrow to watch Rangers play Kimarnock.

Ok, gonna end on a high note.With 10 mins played at the Piggery our hated rivals,Celt*c are 1-0 down to Hibs. "Tell every tim you know,that we're top of the league and your no......"

5 Comments:

At Sunday, 27 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on you mighty Blues :)

Good stuff fella as always.

 
At Sunday, 27 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

did you catch the final score A?

:-)

 
At Sunday, 27 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks DW and F-off Mias Dad!

 
At Sunday, 27 August, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

charming!!

 
At Monday, 28 August, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ach, you know I meant in in a friendly way MD ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document