Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bye Bye Interpoker

The best laid plans o’ men and mice often go awry.Yeah so much for waiting on Inter pokers wonderful new easy to clear bonus.Looks like only games above $50 nl will count towards the bonus from now on so that particular games a bogey as far as I’m concerned.I do like the soft juicy games at Inter but I think it could be time to withdraw and move on.Here's the quote below.Great if you play $100 nl or above and complete crap if you don't.Thankyou Interpoker for screwing over your micro-limits players.

"From 1st September 2006, all hands played on 1 / 2 Unit ($/£/€) tables and above, where ANY rake is taken will count as a raked hand.
Hands played on tournament tables or tables less than 1 Unit ($/£/€) will not count."



Not played a lot of poker over the last couple of nights aside from a few Pokerroom sngs’s with Miami Mark last night.MM placed ITM in all three and I ….didn’t!



The truth is that maybe cutting down on my poker play this week is a good idea because at times it’s starting to feel more like coming home from work,having dinner and then beginning work again and whilst I make a little money from my hobby there has to be more of balance achieved.For example I remember writing previously that I played for money and whilst that’s true ,there’s plenty of overtime available at my day job and I know of colleagues earning three times the basic salary just by doing plenty o/t. When a hobby feels like a chore it’s time to cut down! Of course not running very well doesn’t exactly have me gagging to play every night but variance is just part of the long game that is poker and I'm getting used to it.


Finally booked up our next holiday and it’s back to the Club Fanara in Sharm El Sheik , Egypt on October 19th for 2 weeks of 4 star all inclusive luxury! We were at the same hotel in Nov ’04 and it was fantastic.It did cross my mind that I’m going to miss the last 15 days of my 2nd year of playing real money poker but the game ain’t going anywhere!

Mark will be over soon for a night of Halo 2 and then it's all downhill to the weekend.Mrs A's brother and wife are coming over tomorrow night for a while ( he said he's just loaded £100 onto Virgin poker)and so far no plans for the rest of it.

Back soon...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 31 August, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Yes i know what you mean about that inter bonus thing. Its terrible

You only accumulate rake on tables with a $200 + buy in!

I lost 70 dollars just trying to make 34 hands to pay off my 100 match bonus :-( nightmare.

Ive taken my $250 out of inter and are now looking for a new site to whore.

Perhaps i should take some time out as well.

:-)

 
At Friday, 01 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for confirming it Juice.It was so bad I thought I'd read it wrongly!

Like Ladbrokes recent rakeback offer ,it seems noone cares about us little guys ( acorns!) playing microstakes!

 
At Friday, 01 September, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I mean I always thought the profit for these sites are those who play regularly for small amounts but put in alot of hours. why would Inter not want players playing .15/.25 nl when they clock 45 hours a month! Instead in order to play for the bonus you need a BR of around a $1000! And thats ridiculous for recreational players trying to build their roll.

I guess what inter are trying to say is, yes you can clear your bonus quicker but in order to do so you need to risk larger amounts of money. Sure the flip side is that you could win alot but is it worth the risk? 500 hands at a $200 table to win $100 when you can easily lose that amount in one hand. Seems pointless to me.

no?

 
At Monday, 16 October, 2006, Blogger Lampson said...

I've just joined interpoker and didn't realised that you had to play atleast $1/$2 tables to get the bonus. It's taking some time to get to 500, maybe 60 hands/hour I'm clearing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document