Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thankyou Commenters

Firstly thanks to all the sympathetic commenters on my last post."Easy mistake to make","could happen to anyone" were just some of the kind comments I DIDN’T receive!! Ya bassas!


I was playing badly in a Laddys sng with Rottie when Tan said hello in the chat box.He joined us for the next sng and sent me packing after about 3 hands when I couldn’t lay down my tptk to his flopped straight.I had AJ and Tan had q10 and we’d both called another villains min raise.Of course if I’d reraised to see where I was it could all have been different but as it was I thought my kicker was good and hit the rails.


Just missed getting ITM at Inters $3k gtd but no complaints as though I was fairly card dead I had made a fairly donkish call and got lucky with KQ V Ak. It was just after I’d made a big pf raise with the hammer and laid it down to an all in from a short stack.As Tan pointed out even if I’d lost ( I’d have been down to 1k from 1.5) I would probably have got more action from future premium hands but in my defence it was still early in the mtt and I reckoned I could find better spots to try and gain chips.On the KQ hand I’d raised from the sb to steal the bb and been reraised all in.Having previously folded the hammer after a preflop raise and reraise I felt the bb could be trying to push me out hence the donkey call.


Incidentally I’ve noticed a lot of people using the chat box to “lol” whenever anyone raises preflop and then folds to a reraise.Whilst it doesn’t always look clever ( especially if pot odds are good) if you raise with a hand and get reraised by a tight player who you think has your hand beaten ,it seems some donkeys have never heard of laying down a hand.( that includes me and my tptk sometimes postflop!).I wouldn’t say it’s something I do often ( raise then fold to a reraise) but if I bet with a hand like tens or Jacks and get raised bigtime by a rock I’d like to think I’m capable of folding.


After my two fruitless sngs and failed mtt I hit up a $21 ave pot ,$50 nl table at Laddys and for the first time in a couple of weeks I actually enjoyed the game I was in.There was a maniac with 72% vpip/30% preflop raise stats , a loose 65% vpip 18% pfr and a rock who made his first preflop raise after 69 hands.I didn’t get particularly lucky but I did get away with most of my continuation bets ( on missed and nasty flops) and left $36 up.

Fitba',Halo 2 and maybe a little poker are tonights plan..

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 14 September, 2006, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Though I wouldn't have raised with the hammer in the first place unless I was in a blogger tourney (but you had bloggers watching so I guess ya can be forgiven!) once you had raised and he pushed in the BB I think you were getting a little over 2-1 on the call. As it wasn't going to totally cripple you that's why I would have called. Good enough fold though, the action can be argued either way.

 
At Thursday, 14 September, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

"Fitba',Halo 2 and maybe a little poker are tonights plan.."

Ah yes, what more could a guy ask for?

Beer, sex, a nice steak... and more poker!

 
At Friday, 15 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

"Ah yes, what more could a guy ask for?"

For a hand to hold up! Just once...!

 
At Friday, 15 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
a short note to say hello :)

whats the crack for this tourney thingy us v yanks ??

i'm very interested

will be in touch later as its friday afternoon and i'm the last man standing in the office .... so the boss knows i'm not working

later

fuk me, need another pseudonym for a signature

dD (will have to do)

 
At Friday, 15 September, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey dD thanks for the comment.Looking like Sunday night in October at 'Stars, 10pm start.

I'll wait till the date is confirmed before getting final numbers but I'll add your name to the player pool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document