Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back in black

Just back from the showpark where EK Thistle played well in windy conditions v the mighty Irvine Meadow ( were you there anon?!) but went down 2-0 in the end.It was the first Thistle game I've been to this season and if we keep playing like that then hopefully we'll be good enough to stay in the Super First division.

Only an hour until the Scotland game and the butterflies are starting.I wish I felt more postive but our defence is slower than a week in jail and I fear Henry is going to run riot for France.Someone needs to clatter him early and let him know he's in a game but even that probably wont be enough.Gerrinatethum Scotland!

The poker went well last night.After a bad run at the Pokerroom turbos ( 20/30 player) I finally hit some form and some cards to take a first,second and a few more Itm's to bring my Pokerroom roll back from $1070 to $1140.

Late on I moved to Ladbrokes ,sat down at a $100 nl full ring table,fired up GT+ and Poker Indicator before rolling a large one and hoping for some decent cards.I'd won a smallish pot and lost one when I found myself in exactly the same situation as on Sept 26th when I lost a buy-in to a set holding AK with an Ace + King on the board,only this time I won.

I'd called a raise with my big slick from the cut off and the flop came Ad 5c 3h.The original bettor ( later said he also had AK) bet $6 which I raised to $12 leaving the button as my only caller.The turn was the Kh giving me 2 pairs and I led out for $15, which with no flush and only a slim chance of a straight draw ,I felt was a good pot building bet.The villian went all in for $75 leaving me a huge decision to make.That was certainly the pressure point in the hand to be fair to him.My GT+ said the villians vpip% was 52% ( full ring) but aside from 20 mins playing with him ,I didn't have much else to go on.

I obviously feared the set and I was certainly close to folding but was delighted to see the villian show 44 and the chips slide my way.
One of those hands where I'm still not sure I played it well as all I could beat were a worse two pair or a semi-bluff.I don't hate the villians play because if I hadn't made 2 pairs on the turn I'd have a hard time calling his large bet with a hand like AQ.( I may have to assume he had at least 2 pairs).The villian also had a gutshot and two fours to hit too of course.

I'm glad it worked out but I suppose these type of hands are such a grey area in poker.If he did have a set I wouldn't have been too surprised and I'd be kicking myself for making the same mistake as I did when I lost previously!

Moved from there to a $50 nl 6 max table with a $25 average pot and won a swift $20 before going to bed at 4-ish before I lost concentration and gave some of my profit back.

Ok,Scotland game and then a movie with the Mrs on the agenda for tonight with perhaps a cheeky wee game of holdem thrown in at some point...

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 07 October, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Congrats to scotland on the 1-0 win. Who'd have thought it. Not me.

 
At Saturday, 07 October, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Juice.Who'd have thought it? Well I never doubted we'd win :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document