Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sat Update

I managed to recover from the folded Royal and scraped into the money in that sng.I then won a 20 player turbo and a 10 player $10 turbo after that, before moving to a full ring $100 table(ave pot $49), where I won large pot with Aces, then slipped back a little, before finishing up by dropping $30 at Party after a horrid suckout.

I still have tonight play to factor in and don't want to count any chickens but it feels good to be back in profit for the week after my tiltfest the other night.The tilting experience was strange because it was so full on yet I seemed to get over it and back to my usual game fairly quickly the next night.I suppose in part that may be down to experience.

Pissed off tonight after Rangers went down 1-0 to Inverness Caley at Ibrox.The keeper,Letizi, the new manager bought in the summer has been out injured for 2 months and his stand-in ,McGregor,has been excellent but the Letizi was back in the team today and made the mistake which gave Caley their goal.Got home and found out EK Thistle lost 3-0 too so not a good weekend on the football front.

Still at least its 90f and sunny in Sharm el Sheikh just now! Mrs A has already packed the cases and I've bought in all my books n shades n stuff.The only problem with Egypt is that( unlike Europe and the USA)there's very little chance of seeing the Rangers games on tv.( on current form that may be a bonus!).The last time we went it cost £20 to use my mobile to call home to get the score and the first time we went I think I frightened most of my fellow guests by going absolutely mad with joy when I got the text to say we'd beaten the Orcs in a cup game.( major fist clenching and pumping combined with louds shouts of "YES" and looks to the heavens for thanks!)

When we there in 2004 Ahly were playing Zamalek ( two big rivals) and when we walked round Old Sharm there were rows and rows of men watching the game,sitting on old plastic chairs ,straining to see the 1970's 20" tv showing the game down at the front.Not quite the 42" Plasma /lcd experience of pubs in this country.The population may be Muslim and live a completely different lifestyle to me but football brings everyone together and I ended up swapping my giving my Rangers top to one of the locals.

Ok,stats post tomorrow....

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 15 October, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

have a good time if I don't speak before you go.
Think of us as this cold front approaches......

 
At Sunday, 15 October, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks MD.I could use a little sunshine!

 
At Monday, 16 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good Holiday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document