Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The meaning of Coos Keech

I didn't see much of the ex last night which I think is probably for the best.It's been 2 months since her "it's not working" speech.At first I blamed myself for being a net/laptop/poker addicted idiot who had blown a good relationship, yet the more thought I give it ,the more I realise I hadn't been happy either for a long time.Being a lazy git, I'd settled into a kind of comfort zone that wasn't easy to give up,especially as giving it up would mean not seeing Step A and Nacho as often as I'd like.

I do regret not working harder to keep the spark going longer, and the quote from Cool Hand Luke "What we have here is a failure to communicate",seems very apt.( and I think we're both to blame for that).I'd never been in a seven year relationship before and I think a big part of me just accepted that perhaps the way were were was just how "everyone" is after such a lengthy time together.

Maybe it just came down to a lack of passion as we very rarely ever argued about anything and as I mentioned before there was very little difference in our interactions during the first couple of weeks after our split compared to our pre-split state.

There is no doubt that I probably do spend too much time online one way or another.I need to ensure that I remember there's far more to life when I move back home and I need to push myself to step out of my comfort zone more often too.

After a day/week of dealing with complaining maniacs I'm not always in a very sociable mood.I've never been a big drinker either ( last alcoholic drink was on holiday back in June)and although I loved dance music and the occasional clubbing excursion, I've never really been a pub person.Having said that, the ex and I managed to spend nearly a month abroad every year over the last 5-6 years and had plenty of nights out.

To the poker and I played a little ABC full ring $50nl last night as I watched some crappy driving programme and one on Abby Titmus which was equally pish.( broke even at the poker)

I decided to play a few wee Headsup $5.25 games and ( no boring bad beat stories here!) was rivered three games running to go crashing out.I stuck to my game plan and managed to finally win a wee 4 player headsup shootout which was a minor relief.

Ok,thanks for reading and for anyone reading yesterdays post and unsure of exactly what coos keech is I thought I'd include this highly technical video clip to explain...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 22 August, 2007, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Nice cow video.

Is it what you do at work to keep yourself sane?

 
At Thursday, 23 August, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Mr Edge! Gotta stay sane somehow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document