Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bloggerment 28!




Bloggerment 28 is open for registration.Please steal the above banner and pimp the damn thing!( Thanks to Mair for last weeks pimpage!) All welcome as usual...

To the poker and last night at Stars began in customary fashion as once more I couldn't win a race to save my life.No major beats but AK failing to improve v 1010 and 77 losing to AQ sent me packing from two 18 player $16 turbos before I finally ended my poor run by coming 4th in one ( 4th pays $27) and taking down another for a much needed $108 1st place.

I managed to win $25 at Bet365 after another quick hit and run session was ended by my screen freezing.I may try removing the software and re-installing it to see if that improves things, as I like the site and I'm doing quite well there.I get the occasional freezing up at other sites too and I'm still unsure if it's my cable connection or my cheap laptop that's causing it.

I also won $50 at a Ladbrokes 5 max table where I was lucky enough to take a fishies stack before he left.

I'm still off work until next week, so the plan today is to pick Step A and my sister up shortly and go and buy some lightshades for my flat.It will be the first time Step A has seen the flat since I moved back and I've even done a few dishes to make the place look respectable!

Actually the flat does look great after the recent decorating and almost feels like I've moved somewhere new rather than stepping back.The general area and downstairs neighbour ( touch wood) have also been quieter than I remember, and having my boy here a few nights every week has certainly helped me settle.



Ok,no poker until late tonight as CW ( the ex) is working and I'll be looking after Step A at her place until CW gets home around midnight.I offered to keep the phone line and broadband going at her place for now ( Step A loves her msn thing) but CW declined ,which means it's a night watching tv,reading my Christopher Brookmyre novel and following the East Fife V Rangers league cup tie by teletext for me.

Oh,thanks to all for the comments on yesterdays post.Perhaps we should pick another date in the future for a more full on blogger meet up but it would be nice to get maybe Al Eleven,his mate,the s-man,my two cousins,Dd ,Stan and Mair and possibly my mate the Big Chap together for a game on Sat Oct 6th.

Watch this space!!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, 26 September, 2007, Blogger dD said...

nice picture !!

... almost didn't recognize you :))

date set as the 6th October, where is the venue ??

even told H, so i have my pass for the night !

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 26 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Acorn, i'm going to try and make the bloggerment on stars, where in the lobby is it?

 
At Thursday, 27 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Told H to get the sausage rolls on cos the bloggers are coming?! hehe

Venue probably my place! If only I had a table.... :-))

Rob:Be great to see you there.It's under the Private tourney tab with a 4pm Est start time.( 9pm for us)

 
At Thursday, 27 September, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Watching the football score on teletext.
That takes me back....
I used to hit the mix button and have Grandstand on in the background...
Happy days ;o)

 
At Thursday, 27 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh the old vidi-printer eh Mr Cloud...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document