Saturday, September 22, 2007

Programme not responding....

I donked out of the RTR league game early last night and followed that by coming 6th in a $16 ( 18 player) turbo and then moving up to a $27 turbo and scraping 4th for a small profit.

I moved to Bet365 where I was $40 up at a $200nl table when my screen froze with me holding AA.I'm not usually the type to go radio rental over bad beats ( most of the time!)but watching some donkey betting out on a ragged flop,seeing my wee egg timer frozen and then getting the dreaded "programme not responding" message nearly sent me loopy!

The freezing up/site lag seems to happen at other sites too but nowhere near as often as it does at 365.I wonder if it's a general problem with 365 or my overworked cheap laptop playing up.I love playing there though and have now built the $50 I deposited a couple of months back into over $700 worth of profit.

I took a wee break and then hit up a couple of Laddies $100 full ring tables where I played till about 4am.On one of my tables I just couldn't get anything to run for me at all and a couple of "cooler" hands really hurt.It's not a bad beat when you have AQ and the villain has AK on an A K Q flop but it did make me want to puke!

I dread to think how much I actually lost on that table because I was over $140 up at the other one and still finished $100 down overall by the time I went to bed.

I do now have over 2000 Laddies player points and will probably use them up in either an FPP cash prize tourney or a in a qualifier to their upcoming main event tonight.

I thought I'd post this hand from last night.I actually folded preflop ( I had 6s3s) but I was left asking myself if I would have called the post flop all in bet considering number of outs I had.Would you?!



Here are the post flop odds...



One of my turns...



Typical that I folded preflop here, but played a similar hand later and completely missed every draw by the river!

Back to Laddies player points and I enjoyed this line from their terms and conditions.. "The offer is available to genuine players only, genuine players being ones that are active and participating in games with the intention of winning pots."
I'm glad I'm not an imposter player intent on losing and throwing my money away?!
I assume they are trying to put off multi-table bonus grinders but surely if you're paying the blinds/rake then you are entitled to play whichever way you like.It's hardly that generous a scheme that you could afford to not play any hands and just rack up points to make money.Maybe I'm missing something...

Righty it's Sat and I will have my boy ( Nacho my half staffy/half whippet)for company tonight and I'm back at Ibrox for the Rangers game tomorrow.My sister has been fantastic over the last week or so helping me choose the decor etc for the flat, and she will be popping over with her hubbby sometime this weekend to see the almost finished article.One bottle of white wine awaits her for her fine efforts.I've fallen out bigtime with my Mum at the moment ( don't even ask!) and my sister has had to listen to all that too,( from both sides) so I think she's earned her wine!

Righty here's a wee one from the paper to help stoke up the the Bloggerment rivalry with the Auld Enemy!Don't forget to register at Stars for tomorrow evenings game.See previous post for details.Everyone is welcome t play in it and will be made very welcome.

Donald Buchanan was at a meeting in Milngavie this week where the speaker on global warming informed them that the sea levels were rising at 2mm per year, but that the effects on Scotland would be limited, since Scotland itself was rising by the same amount. England, however, was less fortunate, since it was sinking by 2mm per year.

"There is a God!" a voice cried out from the audience.

Oh, and as it's been a while, here are the the required post Bloggerment blog posting requirements as decreed by the Poker Across Nations Team Subcommittee ( P.A.N.T.S)...

First out does the walk of shame and posts..


The bubble boy/girl must post...



And of course the 2nd place finisher ( despite 2nd being the new 1st!) must post the Bridesmaid dress..



If it's me again though, I'm gonna post this to remind me there are more painful things in life...


One last one.Exclusive footage of fellow blogger and Spurs supporter,The Cloud at White Hart Lane working as a ballboy...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 22 September, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Not quite me Acorn, he's younger and has more hair!!
A boy after my own heart though....

 
At Saturday, 22 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I nearly mentioned the hair aspect but as Step A has taken to calling me a monk I thought I'd leave it :-))

 
At Monday, 24 September, 2007, Blogger portdeco20 said...

lol at the vid!, im nickin the bridemaid dress ;)

 
At Monday, 24 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs port.Hope it suits you Sir!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document