Thursday, September 20, 2007

Stats update + Charlie Adam goal v Stuttgart

Ahh well it turns out one of Step A's friends can't make it and another has been grounded for smoking so CW ( I hate the "ex mrs a" title and as I used to call her Cuppa Woman the ex Mrs A shall be referred to as CW from now on!)asked her sister who jumped at the chance and will take Step A to see Gwen Stefani tonight.I was a bit disappointed but as her sister has a car, it doesn't really make any sense for me to take them.I will have Nacho tonight though and I did get to see Step A last night after Rangers fine victory over Stuttgart.

The wee one was in good form and has promised to come and see my newly done up flat.I'm not a bloke who cries easily but last Fridays last school run from CW's place was really tough and I'm not ashamed to say the tears were rolling down my face as I waved her goodbye and drove to work.

Even last night as I chatted to her whilst she was watching The Simpsons I began to feel the same! I think tiredness has something to do with it too as I've felt absolutely done in over the last week or so.I did get a big hug from Step A last night and reminded her that I hope I'll always be more than just "Mums ex boyfriend".

How about some poker content?!

CW made me a cuppa tea last night when she got back from work and then I headed home,read all about Rangers fine win on followfollow and caught up with a bit of blog reading.

I'm 0/6 as far as cashing in my favourite 18 player $16 turbos and decided to hit a Bet 365 cash table.It was $50nl 6 max with an average pot of $30.I didn't really pick up anything playable until I limped with Ad2d and saw a rainbow A A J flop.I'm always very cautious about playing Ace rag at cash tables, although with only one more Ace out there I did hope my hand was good.I bet the flop,one player called and we saw a 6c fall on the turn.He check called again and I began to worry about my poor kicker, until a 2h fell on the river,giving me a nice full house.He bet $8 and as the only hands I felt he could beat me with were AJ or A6 ,I reraised him all in and he insta-called with his A6.Was it a tired donkey move from me or just one of those cooler hands that happen in poker? No replies required.

Either way I played a few more orbits and hit the sack.The only good news is that losing a buy-in at $50 nl really doesn't affect my poker at all anymore.I reckon I can handle losing a few buy-ins in a row these days as that's the nature of poker sometimes.Having said that I think it would take me a long time to get used to swings like that at $200nl and above.

I do need to make sure my head is in the right place ( attached to my neck preferably!) as there have been times over the last few weeks when poker and blogging etc all just seems so damn pointless and insignificant in the overall scheme of things.Whilst it can be useful to be emotionally detached at the table,not caring at all is just a bankroll/tilt disaster waiting to happen.




Ok, here are my latest poker stats.I need to provide Full Tilt with passport scans etc before I can make the withdrawl I require to cover the cost of decorating my flat so that total remains untouched for now.

Full Tilt $1603 Party $1133,Ladbrokes $2044,Pokerstars $550,Pokerroom $477.Total $5807 ( + $42 since Aug 31st).

This doesn't include my Bet 365 account which is still doing nicely despite last nights loss of a $50 nl buy-in.

Righty here's Charlie Adams well taken goal from last nights game v Stuttgart at Ibrox.Alan Hutton beat at least four German defenders before passsing to Adam who calmy slotted it away and sent the Rangers crowd wild...


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 20 September, 2007, Blogger Klopzi said...

Cooler, fwiw...

 
At Thursday, 20 September, 2007, Blogger Random said...

Nice blog!!! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract MUCH more visitors to your blog.

 
At Thursday, 20 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Klopzi!

Dajo,I'm never sure if these type of comments are a spam trap but I see Tripjax and Highonpoker blogs registered on your site and those guys aint daft, so I'll give it a go.Thanks.

 
At Thursday, 20 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i hope you read ALL of "dajo's" blog ...... that numpty fish Amatay couldn't understand it ffs !! snigger snigger :)

regards

dD

ps correct, cant be arsed logging in *)

 
At Thursday, 20 September, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I've been to the Dam many times though dD so I speak fluent ...gibberish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document