Monday, December 10, 2007

Home game recap...

What a weekend! I met Rosie ,Juice and Mr Edge at lunchtime on Sat and what a fine couple of geezers the two lads are.

I'm happy to share most aspects of my life on this blog, but all I'm going to say about Rosie is that I fancy her like mad and she seems to like me too!

On Sat we played some pool,picked up Nacho for a while, had dinner at the Auldhouse Arms with my cousin too, before heading back to mine to wait for Dudley and the s-man.We arrived at the Big Chaps and started our home game about 9-ish.The pace wasn’t the quickest but the laughs and the drinks/smokes were flowing and so were the beats! I remember chipping up with AA v The Big chaps 44 and also hitting a flush v him too.Rosies KK fell to the s-mans QJ and I thought his kneecaps were in trouble for a moment!

Eventually, I beat Juice heads-up in the turbo tourney when my Q2 held v his 76.We played some cash poker afterwards and headed up the road about 1am.Big thanks to the Big Chap for hosting it and to the s-man and my wee cousin for doing the driving!

The big fight didn't start until 4.30am and went pretty much as I'd expected it to.I didn't think much of the English fans booing the US National anthem.I've seen Scotland fans do it to opposition teams at Hampden before and it's always a toe curling moment for me.I thought Hatton started well and won the first few rounds but Mayweather is not the pound for pound best boxer in the world for no reason and sadly Hatton just couldn't cope with his skill in the end.

On Sunday we all drunk loads of tea and played a little pool again.My kettle started leaking on Friday night and we had to boil a pot of water to make the tea.It took around 1/2 hr to boil which is the same time it's taken every time I've made pasta since I moved back here.It took Rosie to point out that the rings on the cooker actually vary in size and I'd been using the smallest one to do my cooking on! Duh!

After dropping them off at the airport,I made it home 5 minutes late for the Bloggerment,having totally missed the DTD game.( I didn't realise I needed a password cos I'd seen my name reg in lobby earlier in week).I was far too tired ( Dudley and my cousin left just after 6am on Sun am) to be playing poker and my heart wasn't really it.HullJimi had won a couple of big hands and had been raising my big blind everytime.I picked up AJ soooted and reraised big to send a message but weegem ( tight solid player) reraised me all in and I just couldn't face rebuilding from 700 chips and decided to take a gamble,hoping I had overcards.His Kings held up.Congrats to Teaulc for taking it down in the end.

Later on Rosie and I played a $16 turbo but despite much donkery abounding ( not from us!) we both failed to make the money.

I was due to look after Step A tonight as I'm going to the Rangers v Lyon game on Wed but I've swapped the babysitting until Thursday as I have to get an early night tonight as I was struggling to stay awake for most of today.

I actually meant to get an hours sleep after getting home from work an hour ago but I wrote this up instead and now I'm off to pick Nacho up to bring him here for the night....

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Monday, 10 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah ha ... so thats why u "threw" us oot at 6 in the am ... *)

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Some people get the girl others just get a dog shagging their arm. Typical!

Thanks again acorn for putting up with us.

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

and thanks to sman, big chap and ross.

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good night Acorn - good to meet all you bloggers.

JQ is a quality hand and i'm sure Rosie will realise that from now on. ;-#)

Nice to know that some girls like the (much )older men...

s-man

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way just to prove i didnt make up that definition of bagpiping

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bagpiping

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.urbandictionary.com
/define.php?term
=Bagpiping

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah dudley we were just getting bored of yer patter ;-)


Your more than welcome Juice.Top weekend.

As for you s-man this old man is gonna teach ye another badminton lesson on Friday! ( if your not staying in to play with yer pipes!)

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh.. youz all had it easy withoot the Trout to make outrageous drunken calls, even more silly raises and eventually the ultimate in 2 card suck ooots!!!! Aye wish I could have come back for that one!! On the bright side I did find a man with a dog the same night yooz were playin, so no more smokey tilt for me at the bloggerment (next time ma wife allows me... long story). Sounds like you all had a great time, woulda loved to meet rosie, juice and edge but alas no cigar this time! Next home game needs to be on ma next visit home and maybee even Stan and Mair can get their stuff together for this challenging event ;) In fact if we could get BM to come up I'm sure ma winnings would pay for a first class flight home ;)

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao at the trout !

when are you due home mate ?

acorn - lol drunks do get boring and repetative ... oops !

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Blogger MAIR said...

If romance is in the air I personally think its brill :) couldnt ask for 2 nicer people

Mary (ever the romantic) lol

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I owe you one for Amy McDonald.

When you get 5, go here :
http://www.myspace.com/thefelicebrothers

And listen to the "Ballad of Lou the Welterweight" (fourth song down) - as well as the others.

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You were missed Mr Salmon!Tell Mrs S thanks for xmas card btw!

Dudley I was just pulling yer chain mate.Enjoyed yer company as always!

Mair: Won't deny it :-)) and thanks.

Cloud:thanks for that.I'll check it out mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document