Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday update

The ex called the other night and offered to clean the flat in return for me loading some new songs onto her mp3 player and I agreed.I picked her up and popped in to say a quick hello to Step A who asked me if I could look after her this Wednesday.I'm looking forward to it already!

On the poker front despite my post yesterday about needing 151 fpp's ,I ended up playing only two $33's at Party and came 2nd in one of them.I actually saved a hand history where a villain had shoved his A9h after a raise and a reraise just to show that ( certainly on Party)the $33's are pretty soft.Tonight I shall be mostly hammering Stars turbos to try and reach silver.

I've not set the Bloggerment up yet and I'm still not sure I will.Last weeks low turnout and chatbox "fun" make me think it's not worth it.I'm not an "it's my ball and I'm taking it home" kind of guy so I may set it up regardless of other factors.It seems a shame to me that US/Canadian bloggers have almost daily tourneys and even their own Radio Station ( well worth a listen) and over here we can't get many people to show for a wee $5 game.

Sunday is also the night the new RTR league ( see raisetheriver.com for details) starts and as it looks like those games are going to be of the shorthanded slow play variety I may give it a miss this time around.Now if they were turbos!

Ok,not much planned for the weekend other than picking my boy up tomorrow and hammering the tables.

Back soon...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 30 May, 2008, Blogger AlCantHang said...

Don't kill the bloggerment yet, now that the BBT series is done I'll be back to my weekend fun games.

Plus, may be something in the works similar to the BBT but with a Euro-centric theme.

 
At Saturday, 31 May, 2008, Blogger dD said...

Al is right !

if you can't be bothered then let one of us set it up ? fk the chatbox abusers I say :)

how cool will that be if Al & co set up something with a eurocentric theme ? extremely intriguing ...

regards

dD

 
At Saturday, 31 May, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

Agree with dD here.
It's still the best tournie of the week for me - and I don't want to see it go.
There'll always be arguments - but that shouldn't be a reason to stop it - even if sometimes it might leave people feeling pissed off.

Instead of thinking about calling it a day, maybe the regular players could get together and look at a way of improving it, and taking it forward even.
The Euro-Centric thing sounds very interesting.

 
At Sunday, 01 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel I cant play as I have, for some time, never felt welcome. I blew up last week as I was sick of the chat crap and I can apologise to you as its your tournament, but really the lack of warmth during the tournament has upset me for a while and really did not feel welcome there.

Good luck with the new format.

 
At Wednesday, 04 June, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Mair and apology accepted.No more to add that hasn't been said elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document