Thursday, June 26, 2008

Losing my head...



I have stuck to my guns re cutting down on the old herbal intake and I've been trying to get a few early nights to catch up on lost sleep too.Last nights 11.45pm bedtime is the earliest I've been to bed in years.My moods do seem to be swinging a bit between being full of energy and feeling so tired and lethargic that I can barely keep my eyes open.Hopefully a few more early nights will help!

I've not played much poker this week and when I have it's been no fun at all.I've mentioned before I don't like my day job.Why would I want to come home from that and spend my evenings getting screwed over at the tables and hating that too?

I sometimes think being a blogger doesn't help either. It may be a great outlet for endless whining and procrastinating when it comes to my game, but there's a lot to be said for just shutting the fuck up and getting on with it.

The Russia v Spain Euro semi final is coming up shortly.Hopefully it will be an open attacking game.Just time to post this photo which did put a smile on my face....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 27 June, 2008, Blogger Klopzi said...

It's hard maintaining a poker blog at times. You have a whole site dedicated to one single aspect of your life: poker.

Poker is frustrating. And while most poker players can take a step back from the tables to reset themselves, I feel that we poker bloggers are at a disadvantage. We feel compelled to keep producing content for the sites we've worked so hard to get noticed on the Internet. We take a break from poker at the expense of our web sites, our readers, and our advertisers.

I find it's hard to get back into the swing of things when my game goes sour because of the inherent pressure I feel to succeed on behalf of myself and my site. Poker is challenging enough without worrying about whether or not my current game will spark any interesting hands or theories that my play well for my Internet audience.

In any case, I know exactly how you feel right now. When poker's going well, it's the greatest game ever. But throw in a long stretch of losing or break-even sessions and poker can seem like a real waste of time.

 
At Friday, 27 June, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Klopzi,very well put indeed.Thankfully I'm feeling a bit better about all things poker today.I imagine that will last until about 5 mins after I fire up my first game later!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document