Saturday, June 14, 2008

Don't think twice...

On Friday night I continued to run badly at Party.I did start with a $22 win there last night and then lost those winnings over the next few games.I'm considering removing my remaining $876 Party total from my overall bankroll and taking a shot with it at $33's and $55's until either I break through or bust.It's really only a wee trick on myself to see if not thinking about my Party money as seriously works out to be good or bad for my bottom line.Will it free me up to stop fretting over beats and to play good poker....or will I semi-tilt the whole lot off?! Hmmmm!

I did thoroughly enjoy watching the Dutch destroy France 4-1 at Euro 2008 with what was at times a mesmerising performance.They are an absolute joy to watch in full flow and must surely be favourites now to go on and win the competition.

Back to the poker and the $16's continue to rip me a new one everytime I play 'em.The bad news was that I went 0/7 without cashing.The only bright spot is that I decided on a couple of $11 180 player turbos as a change of pace and final tabled both of them,coming 5th and 7th for a $90 overall profit for the night.Even in those games I could moan about running A6s ( sb) into tens in the big blind for my 5th place finish or splitting a huge pot with AQ V A10 which would have given me a large lead in the other one....but I won't!

I hope I didn't give the impression in my last post that I was about to quit my job and try and go pro at this juicy yet tough game we all love ( and hate!).It would only even be a consideration if I was offered a large leaving package by my current company and even then this last downswing has probably been enough to put me off that idea.I've also never actually managed to sit down and put in many 6-7 hour sessions successful of 4-6 tabling.I do think I've been unlucky when I have tried ,but I'd want a good few winning sessions of that nature behind me before going pro would be even a speck on the horizon let alone a reality.Nothing to think twice about! Good excuse for this cracking Dylan tune...




Things are still a bit up and down for me in life in general and one nice aspect of working for "the man" is that I can get through a day or two on auto-pilot when required and not be worrying about my job paying bills.All I was trying to say in my last post was that when I first started playing ,going from the little acorn of micro-stakes to the mighty oak of higher stakes pro play seemed a great idea.



After a few years there was never even a remote possibility of that happening at the cash levels I was playing at and I was happy with an extra £200 or so per month earnings.Going down the turbo route will hopefully allow me to at least treble my previous years profits and I suppose that's where I felt the pro door had been left slightly ajar again.

Ok,who asked for more bad beats?!! Here are just a few from last night,some worse than others and fairly typical of how I've been running recently...

1) Never slow play a flopped nut flush eh.

2) Loved this one...

3) Oh how I laughed..

4) Aces v Presto.I should have folded preflop...

5) Ahh lovely Hooks.The hand after this one I was all in with AK V 99 and A8.Lost obviously!

6) Rangers sign Kenny Miller.

Ok,thanks for reading and don't forget to register for the two bloggy games coming up.( see yesterdays post)

I'm off to pick Nacho up and get him walked before Euro 2008 kicks off again with Sweden v Spain...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, 16 June, 2008, Blogger Renee said...

Hey, I'm toying with the idea of stopping work and playing more often, but have to say it's good that your site made me think twice.. good to have it for fun, but the intense days might be a bit much...

 
At Monday, 16 June, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

"but the intense days might be a bit much..."

Good to have it for fun and to make money from a hobby, but a different matter when you're on a downswing and still have bills to pay I would think.Give me until Friday at work though and it'll probably seem a great option again :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document