Monday, June 23, 2008

Monkey business

My youthful bones are beginning to ache a bit after Saturday afternoons exertions filling a skip at my Mum and Dads new place.Friday night had gone reasonably well at the tables.I made about $260 from the $16 turbs and hoped for more of the same for the rest of the weekend....

Perhaps the Euroblogger was a sign of things to come as my JJ fell early to Mr Clouds AK.Congrats to Mr C for putting my chips to good use and taking it down again.We'd discussed changing the name of the Euroblogger and now that Mr Cloud has won 2/3 of the games so far, a name change seems an even better idea.In fact I propose a name change every week until I take the dang tourney down!( rendering Mr C the two-time winner of a defunct tourney!)

I was also watching the Russians play some great football to beat Holland at the same time,led by the brilliant Andrei Arshavin who scored against Rangers in last months Uefa cup final.Apart from a couple of duff games it's been a great tourney so far and the quality of attacking football on display has been a joy to watch.

Saturday night began with a couple of decent cashes and then I hit a cold streak,finished down a buy-in ( $16) for the night and on Super Tilt ( 8 games without cashing) according to Sharkscope.It was 3.30am and although I was tempted to keep battering away at them,I resolved to get a decent sleep and begin the fight again another day.Greek philosopher Eplicletus said "People are disturbed not only by things but by the view they take on them" and my views on running badly are definitely helped by a decent nights sleep!

I fired four up on Sunday afternoon,took one down and came 3rd in another.Later on, I dropped Nacho off and discovered my ex's nightmare neighbour had slashed the canvas on the the wee ones trampoline.( the same neighbour who arranged for the car I bought the ex to be burned out in her driveway) I was fuckin raging and stood staring over the fence until they came out.When he threatened to sue for slander after I accused them,it took all my powers of restraint not just jump over the small fence and start laying into the pathetic bassa.

Needless to say I wasn't really in the best frame of mind to play the Bloggerment and after being pwned a couple of times by Surflexus,I called a shove with the hammer and earned myself the company of...the monkey for this week!( although he seems a bit restless and keen to leave for somewhere he'd be looked after better!)




Well done to Amatay for taking it down although with a week to go of his $10k challenge,I hope he was 8 tabling the $33's on Full Tilt at the same time!

I moved to Party after Rosie went out the Bloggerment and after coming 2nd in my first $22,I bubbled the other two games in horrible fashion.It was back to Stars for my last three games of the weekend and after two more bad beats I finally scraped 3rd to leave me almost dead even overall for the night.

The funniest ( not at the time!) hand of the night was in one of those Stars games when I was short stacked and chose to just check from the big blind with A5 because a tight regular had limped.The flop came Q 9 5 and when it was checked to me I shoved, only to be caught out by an insta-call by Q10.It's a fair cop,the games a bogey etc flashed through my mind as I prepared to crash out...but no, the poker gods decreed a beautiful 5 should fall on the turn! I'd just finished crying "Ha ha,at last a break!" when the queen came on the river to send me out.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back later in the week...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 24 June, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Your trampoline story is terrifying! I hope you manage to work something out. Did you call the police?

I've seen security cameras going at reasonable prices in Maplin. Perhaps a bankroll withdrawal is in order?

 
At Tuesday, 24 June, 2008, Blogger Renee said...

That's a terrible story about the trampoline, I can't believe people like that exist. Hope you're more relaxed for your next tourney. Best of luck!

 
At Tuesday, 24 June, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

A name change for the euroblogger??

Whyever would you want to do that?

;o)

 
At Thursday, 26 June, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No point in calling the police as there's no actual proof.I believe the ex is arranging to get security cameras and panic buttons etc are also being installed.

Thanks for the comments.( oh and I can't think why at all Mr C!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document