Sunday, August 24, 2008

3000 Not Out!



Although some grinders can sail through 3000 sng's per month,I've finally hit that mark and I'm now only just a bit short ( seems like a glass ceiling)of my recent $8k Sharkscope profit goal.

Most of those 3000 sngs have been played over the last year after I hit a bad run of variance at cash games and decided to try something different.I do miss playing with the late night weekend crazies at $50 and $100nl 6 max Ladbrokes tables,but after 3 years of low stakes cash play I've enjoyed learning a new type of poker and have done better than I could ever have expected.( despite the last two months of bad beat hell!)

Last night I began by playing a couple of $16's alongside the $20 Silver Star freeroll MTT.I failed to cash in the MTT, although I made a decent start at the $16's.I started out playing 3 games,soon moved onto 4 and felt I coped quite well with the pace.Ideally I like to have 2 games close to the final table ( 18 player games) and 2 games at the early stages running.This way I can focus on former and play very tight/aggro at the newer games.

I've always chosen to tile or cascade my tables when 4 tabling.I learned from watching a Cardrunners vid that if you don't chose either option,the "action" table will always pop up anyway.I now have them overlapping ( 17" Laptop) which I prefer as I can still see my hands ( at the end of my arms!)and the tables are big enough to be able to follow the action better and pick up reads.

I did lose to 4-5 one outers last night which was frustrating, but I also played 38 games and if I raced 3-4 times per tourney I suppose a few really nasty ones are to be expected.Overall I won $310 and finished playing just as the clock hit 5am.I've now won $786 over 81 games since the 15th and hopefully I can avoid another horrible downswing for a while.I'm still only up $297 from 397 games since Aug 1st according to Sharky, which just goes to show the effect variance/my 8-12 tabling donkery has on my stats.I'd have embedded Avril Lavigne's "Happy Ending" here if it wasn't disabled on youtube!

My late night has left me feeling quite tired today ,but I'm already starting the countdown to my next holiday from work in mid September.( no bank holiday in Scotland tomorrow sadly!)

Ok,my brain is too fuzzy to write anymore! Just time to link to an excellent football article in todays Times.The last pararaph in particular made for refreshing reading considering the crap the Scottish media usually churn out.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to register for tonights Britbloggerment on Full Tilt and for the Raise the River league game on Stars....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 24 August, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

if playing 3000 sngs makes a man want to listen to avril then you have to ask yourself. Was it worth it?!

 
At Sunday, 24 August, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

what happens when you play 5000? do you invite james blunt over? :-)

 
At Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

There's certainly never any happy ending for you when we play pool together eh? :-)))

 
At Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

no happy endings north of the border thats for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document